ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATVFreeRiders

A place to talk about ATV's and all Off-road Vehicles

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders.com!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Street Legal in PA

Go down 
+3
neparhino
joeharley
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Street Legal in PA Empty
PostSubject: Street Legal in PA   Street Legal in PA Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:02 am

I am wanting to get an online petition going for the use of ATV's being street legal along with UTV's. That is with the right equipment including blinkers, turning signals, mirrors, tach, ect. I will be posting here the link to sign at. a few years back there was one with 4k plus signatures. We need to start a new one and send it off to Harrisburg. Look for the link here in the near future!
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
joeharley

joeharley

Street Legal in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Legal in PA   Street Legal in PA Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:21 am

I have talked to Brad Roae ( state rep ) about this a couple times. he thinks there might be some interest in allowing UTV'S but not ATV'S. He also was not to impressed with the land that was bought with the atv registration fee that was sold to a private individual down in south west PA, (ROCK RUN). I think he would be a good messenger for your petition.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Street Legal in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Legal in PA   Street Legal in PA Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:11 am

Awesome he may be the guy we have to talk to once we get it all done, its legal in a few states, such as Arizona
Back to top Go down
joeharley

joeharley

Street Legal in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Legal in PA   Street Legal in PA Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:28 am

I think Michigan also
Back to top Go down
neparhino

neparhino

Street Legal in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Legal in PA   Street Legal in PA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:47 am

New York just passed the law to make class1 and 2 ATV's street legal. Its getting closer!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Street Legal in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Legal in PA   Street Legal in PA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:17 pm

Noway when did this happen, any links??
Back to top Go down
joeharley

joeharley

Street Legal in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Legal in PA   Street Legal in PA Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:15 pm

What is a class 1 or 2 atv?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Street Legal in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Legal in PA   Street Legal in PA Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:00 pm

class one is atvs, class 2 is side x sides
Back to top Go down
neparhino

neparhino

Street Legal in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Legal in PA   Street Legal in PA Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 8:05 am

Sorry guys, bad info. I had to search for the article. It was Michigan who legalized on road atv use. New York was in a list of states that legalized SOME roadways for atv trail access. sorry about that. But New York did go a step in the right direction. maybe PA will see that and go in the right direction as well. The town I live in is very leanient on ATV usage on streets as long as you go to and from the trail using as few streets as possible, ur going slow, lights on, and not impeading traffic.
Back to top Go down
tool0420

Street Legal in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Legal in PA   Street Legal in PA Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:57 am

i think it should b leagl to ride on road ways ide rather drive my quad than a car i got my signature
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Street Legal in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Legal in PA   Street Legal in PA Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:47 pm

As far as this goes, I am either way on it. I feel secondary roads, yes they should be legal, as far as main highways, im not too sure. in the eye of the atv'er, yes I do want it. As far as in the eyes of the vehicle driver, id be pissed if I am trying to get somewhere, and you got a couple quads Putting around having fun going 20. Once the weather breaks though, I will be driving my quad to work. I do feel it would be awesome to have the ability to ride into town to get some grocery's or something and then go wheelin. I myself would be in full support though to get the law passed, and will help in trying to get signatures.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Street Legal in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Legal in PA   Street Legal in PA Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 5:45 am

I agree, they could make it for no major highways
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Street Legal in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Legal in PA   Street Legal in PA Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:21 am

I bet there would be laws on suspension set up besides the lights, turn signals, horn. We all know how the soft suspension will roll over so easy an evasive manuver on the street. I know the street legal rides they published in the magazines in the past had lowered down and stiffer suspensions. I would love to set one up and cruise around town with it.
Where do I sign for some movement of the law?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Street Legal in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Legal in PA   Street Legal in PA Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:27 am

Sorry I forgot to get the e-petition going, let me find a good site to get one started, ill post it here tonight, in class right now.
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Street Legal in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Legal in PA   Street Legal in PA Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:24 am

you also have to remember that atvs say all over them for off road use only not intended for highway use due th handling change and all that other crap.. and the dealer and manuals all stress it also. BUT on the other hand it would be really cool if they would let atvs on road.. the really ass kicker is snowmobiles are aloud on PA roads.. im not to sure what the rules for them are but there are aloud on some roads. not sure if its just secondary or what..i might look it up later and let you all know what i find out. really its not fair to the atv rider snowmobile can do it but a atv cant? its a toss up. one goes on snow one dont. snowmobile seasons short atv all year around.. get what im saying? so i agree atvs should be able to atlest have rights to secondary roads
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Street Legal in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Legal in PA   Street Legal in PA Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:36 am

I hear you about the snowmobiles on the roads. I was out about 11 years ago with my father-in-law on side roads at night in the winter time with snowmobile tracks all over the road, when 2 troopers from a domestic call at a house approached and one tore us a new one. We had lights, helmet, going slow, and were not causing problems. Weird thing is- one laughed and the other kept saying how he could haul us in and if he saw us out again that night he was gong to give to us in the fullest.
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Street Legal in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Legal in PA   Street Legal in PA Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:49 pm

LOL Laughing yep you will have ppl like that, makes me mad when u know ur in the right but some cop has to try and say other wise or a DNCR person at that.. if it was me i would have played the catch me if you can coper! and kept goin
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Street Legal in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Legal in PA   Street Legal in PA Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:59 pm

Situation wasn't right for the catch me.
deep snow and artic cat 3004x4(slow start and 45mph going down hill)
I guess we tried to be civil about it, at least we didn't get no fine. We sure didn't let it ruin our night, still got some miles and played around quite abit with no return of authority.
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Street Legal in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Legal in PA   Street Legal in PA Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:58 pm

hey yall any 1 get the online petition goin yet for the street legal? its worth a shot even if they dont get it.. we got are rights! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Street Legal in PA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Legal in PA   Street Legal in PA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Street Legal in PA
Page 1 of 1