ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATVFreeRiders

A place to talk about ATV's and all Off-road Vehicles

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders.com!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build Empty
PostSubject: Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build   Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:10 pm

Within the past few days we have added a lot to the outlander, so I decided I will post everything we have done and post some pictures...

- Front Bumper (Installed)
- Rear Bumper (Installed)
- Rear Cargo Box (Installed)
- 4500 LB Winch (Mostly Installed, just need to hook up electrical)
- 3 inch lift kit (not yet installed)
- 2 inch hitch reciever (installed)
- Fender Gaurds/Nerfbars (still waiting for to come)
- Heated Hand Grips (not yet installed)
- Rear Winch mounting plate (Still trying to find right size winch, may go with a 3000) (installed)

Things already installed before the small build-
- XT wheels
- Can Am Windshield
- Moose Hand Mitts

Ill try to get pics tomorrow if I can get the winch finished and hopefully the lift kit on.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build   Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:14 pm

dang, you plan on winching a jeep on the front, and your quad from the rear? what you need 2 winches installed, let alone a 4500lb? my friend has an 850 xp and 3000 does just fine. you want no less then 1.5x the gross lbs of you + your quad + what your carrying.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build   Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:18 pm

You cant forget if your machine is completely muddy it can add as much as 100 lbs, and if you are stuck in the mud, it will at as a big force pulling you down. The rear winch will be removable along with the mounting plate which will be mounted to a 2 inch hitch receiver we put in, it will be swapped out between the outlander and the John Deere when we need it
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build   Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 12:50 am

make sure you show how you do the connections for on the go in and out. I plan on mounting one in my hitch, but keeping it in the rear bag till needed so not to f- it up with mud and debris from normal riding
Back to top Go down
joeharley

joeharley

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build   Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 6:29 am

What name of lift did you put in ? What size and kind of tire you putting on it ?

JOE
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build   Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:14 am

It came with pretty good directions on how to do the electrical, and right now it has xt wheels running stock tires. The stock tires are still like brand new so those will stay for now. Next upgrade are skids plates, follow by some PIAA lighting, then most likely tires. I will get the brand on the lift when I go down tonight.

Forgot to add it has a big spotlight mounted on it right now aswell
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build   Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:10 am

when you get the piaa lights and dont need the spotlight, ill gladly get that off you
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build   Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:18 am

I think we will keep it Very Happy Only because it is on a swivel mount, so its easy to shoot the beam at what ever you are trying to look at
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build   Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:53 am

damn =]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build   Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can Am Outlander 800 Max Build
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ATVFreeRiders :: Can Am (BRP)-
Jump to: