ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATVFreeRiders

A place to talk about ATV's and all Off-road Vehicles

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders.com!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

kfx 400 nerf / side bars

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jra146psu

jra146psu

kfx 400 nerf / side bars Empty
PostSubject: kfx 400 nerf / side bars   kfx 400 nerf / side bars Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 am

I'm looking into getting some nerf bars, but wanted a platform type, with heel guards. I found the PRM Sidebars, would be perfect, but not for $250. Anybody know of any other more moderately priced 'side' bars. I just don't want that cheesy nylon strap crap. I want something that I can stand up on if needed and not fall thru those nylon ones and break a leg. I thought about getting some nerf bars without the nylon straps and weld a plate across for the platform. Anybody have any ideas or have done anything similar?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: kfx 400 nerf / side bars   kfx 400 nerf / side bars Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:26 pm

I personally do not like the plated nerf bars. When you ride they become very,very slippery when they are wet, and become caked with mud fast. Also, you can get the good nets for nerf bars with the small holes, the larger hole nets sometimes do catch your foot. When ramping, when you land wrong, and your foot slips, you would much rather have the nets. They give in to your weight more, where when you come down on the metal plate, you end up slipping off the machine and the impact goes through your whole body. Ive seen the welds crack right off them before from people coming down wrong on them.

But PRM is an awesome company. They have awesome quality. I actually just ordered a PRM grab bar for my Outlaw today. I am hoping to get some skids next from them.

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
tool0420

PostSubject: i have a set of 400ex/450r nerf bars with heel guards and foot pegs   kfx 400 nerf / side bars Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:52 am

i have a set of ac raceing nerf bars they are 2 1/4 thick i rode with them for 2 yrs till i got 409 saved up for my new ones i paid 219 for theese and ide take 125 for them and they bolt on with 8 bolts since the footpegs are allready there
Back to top Go down
jra146psu

jra146psu

PostSubject: Re: kfx 400 nerf / side bars   kfx 400 nerf / side bars Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:44 am

I'm not worried about them getting slippy... that's what the pegs are for. Still can't find any other platforms like the PRM and will prob go with them eventually. Maybe find a used set, but they don't seem too popular with the sports.
Back to top Go down
tool0420

PostSubject: Re: kfx 400 nerf / side bars   kfx 400 nerf / side bars Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:59 am

well i have had no trouble with the nets ever and they saved me a number of times i wanted a new set of pro armor's but there so pricy its kind of a joke but every thing on my bike is pro armor as for cosmetic but ac racing makes a hell of a nerf bar i had it side waws coming down a hill thought i was going to rool and found a tree put the nerf bar right up aginst it and it dident do anything except for stop i got off swong the ass end around and finished my desent down the hill so all in all nerf bars are good for a number of things like taking a gas can back to your friend there just good to have when the time comes they pay for them selvs
Back to top Go down
Impact

Impact

PostSubject: Re: kfx 400 nerf / side bars   kfx 400 nerf / side bars Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:57 am

Don't bother with the Pro Armor, they are built nice and look great but they are a joke to put on. I have done two bikes with Pro Armor, i did my Kawie and i needed 2 ratchet straps and a porta-power to bend them into place. My friend bought a set for his trx450r and we had the same problems again, nothing was even close to mounting up.

My other friend bought a set of Rock nerfs with heel guards for his 400ex and we had them on in under 15 min. I was shocked how well they fit up. Also they were $75 cheaper than the next set of nerfs with heel guards he could find.

As for quality, it's hard to beat PRM. I have used there skids on every machine i have had since i discovered them. You can't go wrong with anything PRM makes
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: kfx 400 nerf / side bars   kfx 400 nerf / side bars Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:05 pm

The only thing I didnt like about the PRM grab bar, was it came with the wrong bolts, and the bolt used in the back was already a weird thread
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kfx 400 nerf / side bars   kfx 400 nerf / side bars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

kfx 400 nerf / side bars
Page 1 of 1