ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATVFreeRiders

A place to talk about ATV's and all Off-road Vehicles

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders.com!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Erie County, Pa

Go down 
+7
JSTi07
G4mbl3
mikezx1
Joe
joeharley
Admin
grut
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Erie County, Pa - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:52 pm

Jeff post the URL to this site on the comments incase he sees it... tell him its a locals forum right now
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
HONDAfan44
HONDAfan44

PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:31 pm

G4mbl3 wrote:
well i do believe if there are power lines such as those it is owned by state or power company, and they usually dont let motorized vehicles n there, but if there are jumps built like your saying, I am not sure. If there is no nearby houses, and no posted signs, try going and just riding. worst that could happen is someone come out and holler at you, in which case you appologize and explain and see if they allow you.

i don'tthink the power line people care becuause right on the powelines that run parallel to oliver road, there is a track back there and they went and cut all the trees and everything down along the power lines and brush hogged with thier machines but the jumps are still there a year and a half later, unscathed.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:43 pm

There was actually a 2 power line workers on their ATVs riding the powerlines in the fall, doing service I believe
Back to top Go down
HONDAfan44
HONDAfan44

PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:46 pm

we had a crew of 3 huge tractors come through and they were working for about a week clearing brush and stuff
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:01 pm

Same up this way, they cleared alot out last summer, and I know they are clearing more this summer. Actually, there is a new sub development area going in up here, they logged a lot of it out last summer and it is logged out for a about 2 miles with a dirt road going through it right now I believe, well there is a dirt road at the entrance at least... im going to take a trip back there on the ATV, it actually runs into the power lines on the other side of my backyard neighbors house, which will allow me to hit the power lines with out getting them mad, then I am pretty much free of houses all the way to that track
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:35 am

What road is the logging off of?
I don't know about being free of houses to the track I think that track is on a different line just similar direction. Looks like the track's line heads towards 90 and then runs parallel with it. That is in your neck of the woods though, you might be right.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:54 am

You can probably get there, even if you need to take a few roads. But they logged it out in the fall, not sure if it is completely logged yet, but it is in timbercreek on Saint Marys street (or drive not sure).
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:03 pm

wow cashing in on the lumber and creating a subdivision wonder which developer is collecting golden peanuts?
Back to top Go down
JSTi07
JSTi07

PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:43 pm

Admin wrote:
which will allow me to hit the power lines with out getting them mad, then I am pretty much free of houses all the way to that track

which track? I wonder if you could then make it out to my place.
Back to top Go down
JSTi07
JSTi07

PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 9:47 pm

Chime in sledders. Anyone hit the trails and ride around Mound Grove in Waterford?

Probably going to hit the trails again tomorrow. The people I normally ride with are unable to go.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:37 am

My sister lives near Mound Grove. Lots of sled traffic out that way.

I believe this is the guy that owns the track on Lake pleasant rd.....https://www.facebook.com/people/Jim-Winschel/545514571#!/profile.php?id=545514571

Last I knew you had to be a member to ride there. He had a post on Craigslist last summer about it with a link to that Youtube video.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:41 am

I think actually thats where i got the link to the youtube video.. Jeff, build a track at your place, charge admissions, and make them sign waiver fee's Very Happy
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:45 am

Joe,
Thanks for the info. You a member at Winshel's track?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:55 am

nope im not
Back to top Go down
kikasspunch

kikasspunch

PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:35 pm

i dunno if they own it i havnt asked i sold my yz 450f to his buddy and jim told me to come check it out somtime ill talk to him on fb
Back to top Go down
JSTi07
JSTi07

PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:55 am

I talked to the guy that has that track across from the Wards Landscaping. He didnt mention anything about letting other people ride.

But from the videos it looks like a neat place.
Back to top Go down
MRZ400

PostSubject: Mines and meadows?   Erie County, Pa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:11 pm

Admin wrote:
I guess there is a place right outside Pittsburgh that you pay like 15 dollars to ride and there is a lot of trails. But there are old miner trails there that go underground, the people there take you through them. Seems kinda cool might check it out this summer
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:37 pm

Hi MRZ welcome to the forums
Back to top Go down
MRZ400

PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:54 am

Hello and Thanks
Back to top Go down
edcat06

PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:38 pm

does anyone know of more trails arount exit 27 area that i can ride on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Erie County, Pa
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3