ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATVFreeRiders

A place to talk about ATV's and all Off-road Vehicles

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders.com!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Why you should wear a helmet..

Go down 
+4
dh921
JSTi07
grut
Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Why you should wear a helmet.. Empty
PostSubject: Why you should wear a helmet..   Why you should wear a helmet.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:12 pm

... and even if you do wear one, this can happen!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Beginning of last season, my father flipped a brand new rancher backward on a steep hill, he hit a rut.

Post your nasty scars here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: Why you should wear a helmet..   Why you should wear a helmet.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:36 pm

affraid
ouch
hope he is ok now
Back to top Go down
JSTi07
JSTi07

PostSubject: Re: Why you should wear a helmet..   Why you should wear a helmet.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:38 pm

dang man. He fine now right?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why you should wear a helmet..   Why you should wear a helmet.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:45 pm

Ya he was fine after a month, had a concussion for awhile, but only scars now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dh921

dh921

PostSubject: Re: Why you should wear a helmet..   Why you should wear a helmet.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:14 pm

always wear a helmet, no matter what
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why you should wear a helmet..   Why you should wear a helmet.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:21 pm

thats right, where are you pics bro ive been waiting
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: Why you should wear a helmet..   Why you should wear a helmet.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:38 pm

that really sucks not to pointing this at anyone nor the guy who got hurt.. but really when it comes down to it the helmet just decides if u have a open or closed coffen
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why you should wear a helmet..   Why you should wear a helmet.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:44 pm

He was wearing a helmet when this happened, actually he got the new helmet only 3 days before this happened.. now the 300 dollar helmet is hanging in the garage as a reminder
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: Why you should wear a helmet..   Why you should wear a helmet.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:47 pm

like i said... they help but they dont stop it
Back to top Go down
bigred1

PostSubject: Re: Why you should wear a helmet..   Why you should wear a helmet.. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:46 am

i wear mine all the time. its saved my nogin alot lol. broke my nose 5 years back tho that sucked. i was coming out of a field on my recon and tryied to blast thro the snow pile (the feild goes out to the road so u get the snow banks from the plows) went over the bars and i smacked the racks with my face had a helment on but the nose section just happened to fin the space between the racks ha ha so i stoped myself with my nose lol figured id share my little incident
Back to top Go down
bigred1

PostSubject: Re: Why you should wear a helmet..   Why you should wear a helmet.. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:47 am

o ya forgot is ur dad missing a brow now lol or it grow back
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: Why you should wear a helmet..   Why you should wear a helmet.. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:25 am

wow thats crazy, glad to hear he is ok now
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why you should wear a helmet..   Why you should wear a helmet.. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:33 am

haha his brow is ok, they stitched it good
Back to top Go down
Impact

Impact

PostSubject: Re: Why you should wear a helmet..   Why you should wear a helmet.. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:56 am

I have broken three helmets in spec-freaken-tacular crashes........... ok not really but the last one was pretty good. I did the same thing your dad did on my old Honda 4x4. I got right to the top of a hill and it wheelied over on me with two friends holding the front rack. It was a tank and it landed on me twice on the way back down the hill. It broke my helmet in two places and ripped my boot off and flung it almost 20 feet into the creek. I don't have any pics of me but i have an old grainy photo of the quad.

The rear rack was bent into the tire.....by my helmet and my shoulder. It flipped up into the air and landed on me about half way down the hill.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The rack was bent so bad we had to torch it off, it also broke the swingarm mount out of the frame and bent the bars and the rear shock.

It hurt.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why you should wear a helmet..   Why you should wear a helmet.. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:35 am

ouchh looks badd and sounds bad
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: Why you should wear a helmet..   Why you should wear a helmet.. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 2:01 pm

wow that was a decent "impact" to bend that rack like that. Is that how you got you name?
Back to top Go down
Impact

Impact

PostSubject: Re: Why you should wear a helmet..   Why you should wear a helmet.. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 1:50 pm

Ha no, well at least not that one in particular. It had more to do with the fact that i rode with a bunch of guys that all had sport machines, Banshee's 300ex Warrior Blaster........ i was the only guy on a 4x4 and it was big and heavy and slow. I used to run over everything with it when we made trails, we even made a special bumper from scratch.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I will have to check the archives for some good crash photos, most of the stuff i have are just pictures of bent up machines
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why you should wear a helmet..   Why you should wear a helmet.. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:40 pm

Gotta love them hondas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why you should wear a helmet..   Why you should wear a helmet.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why you should wear a helmet..
Page 1 of 1