ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATVFreeRiders

A place to talk about ATV's and all Off-road Vehicles

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders.com!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Radiators Rebuildable?

Go down 
+3
G4mbl3
Admin
grut
7 posters
AuthorMessage
grut

grut

Radiators Rebuildable? Empty
PostSubject: Radiators Rebuildable?   Radiators Rebuildable? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:03 am

Anyone check into a Radiator shop to recore the aluminum radiators?
I replaced my 450r radiator and oil cooler and just wonderiing if they are rebuildable for spares.
If not I will just buy some new ones for spares.
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: Radiators Rebuildable?   Radiators Rebuildable? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:58 am

Nobody have any input?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Radiators Rebuildable?   Radiators Rebuildable? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:27 am

no clue, they may be able too
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: Radiators Rebuildable?   Radiators Rebuildable? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:04 pm

I guess I will just call around then, may not even be worth the hassle.
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: Radiators Rebuildable?   Radiators Rebuildable? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:28 pm

Just called Canfield and they said they would need to see it. Will have to drop it off and get a quote sometime when I am down that way.
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: Radiators Rebuildable?   Radiators Rebuildable? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:59 pm

from what I know, its just worth it for vehicles to try to find one in great condition in a junk yard. Past few times I needed Radiators from offroading, my buddy always had extras from derbying that he would give me for $20 or so. Havent had the luck of finding a atv junkyard, just procycle which sells cheap good used atv parts (cochranton).

I guess just let me know the price, so I have an idea if something were to happen (which knock on wood it doesnt)
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: Radiators Rebuildable?   Radiators Rebuildable? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:31 pm

I will let you know the repair quote. I know new I paid $150 for the 450R radiator. At the time I just wanted to get it running before the snow came, and figured I would look into whether it is repairable later. If it is possible to repair the damaged fins( tried combing but wasn't happening where a stick bent the piss out of them) or recore them like the old copper tanked ones for about 1/2 price, then why not get new performance for a used price because there is nothing wrong with the side tanks.
All the new plastic tank radiators for vehicles are just throw aways. I debated getting one when I did the timing belt, water pump, crank seal, cam seals, belts, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, hoses, and thermostat on my nissan. For $300 plus I said I'll what and now I can find them with lifetime warranties on ebay for $69 which I will be ordering this summer when I do it all again because there is over 200,000 miles on it.
Back to top Go down
bigbillg

bigbillg

PostSubject: Re: Radiators Rebuildable?   Radiators Rebuildable? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 2:54 am

i had one of them fixed off my yz 250 it only cost like $8
Back to top Go down
joeharley

joeharley

PostSubject: Re: Radiators Rebuildable?   Radiators Rebuildable? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:02 am

WOW , procycle and cheap, That is the first time I have ever heard those two words together. Usually it is procycle and not cheap.
Back to top Go down
Impact

Impact

PostSubject: Re: Radiators Rebuildable?   Radiators Rebuildable? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:21 pm

Re-coring is usually not worth it for most ATV and dirtbike rads. Small leaks and other minor repairs can usually be done pretty reasonable by most radiator shops.
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: Radiators Rebuildable?   Radiators Rebuildable? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:08 am

Thanks guys and that is what I was kinda thinking the recore process just isn't worth it. I might just order a new one to have on hand.
Back to top Go down
tool0420

PostSubject: Re: Radiators Rebuildable?   Radiators Rebuildable? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:13 pm

the radiators on dirtbikes and atvs the cores are to small that run through the rad but if it has a hole in it u can braze it or soilder it other than that replace it there are fin repair kits u can get at autozone
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: Radiators Rebuildable?   Radiators Rebuildable? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:30 pm

as for fin repairs, just use a knife or something and straighten them out, just time consuming, not hard at all and free
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiators Rebuildable?   Radiators Rebuildable? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiators Rebuildable?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ATVFreeRiders :: Repair Garage-
Jump to: