ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATVFreeRiders

A place to talk about ATV's and all Off-road Vehicles

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders.com!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Best Dirtbike For Me?

Go down 
+5
emmanuel
joeharley
bigred1
tool0420
Admin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Best Dirtbike For Me? Empty
PostSubject: Best Dirtbike For Me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:20 pm

What would you guys say the best dirtbike for a novice that is 5'9'' 150 lbs be? I would probably gain skills quickly in it since ive ridden motorcycles. I will be doing alot of trail riding with some occasional ramping up to 10-15 footers
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
tool0420

PostSubject: ide say a 125 of any kind   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:43 am

i found this site on craigslist came saw liked and joined i have ben riding since i was 6 and i do both i ride a bike and a quad i am a lil bit smaller than u i ride a 00 rm 80 with a big bore kit and i have had it since new and ill sware by it suzuki is 1 of the best i think i had a A KX AND IT RAN GOOD BUT WASENT AS PEPPY AND THE POWER VALVE SET UP ISENT VERY WORTHY AND NEED TO B REBUILT VERY OFTEN THE SAME AS A KX 125 I HAVE 1 OF THOES 2 I DONT RIDE IT I AINT TALL ANOUGH AND WHEN U CANT TOUCH GROUND ON A BIKE DONT GET TO BRAVE ON IT CUS WHEN HILL CLIMBING IF U CANT MAKE IT U R GOING DOWN SO I LL STICK WITH MY 80
Back to top Go down
bigred1

PostSubject: Re: Best Dirtbike For Me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:27 am

go with a 125 2-stoke its a great bike to learn on and when ur ready it will have the puch u want in the woods
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Best Dirtbike For Me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:05 pm

I was thinking about a 125 2 stroke, but i think i want to stay 4 stroke. Any one every try a 2005+ ktm 250?
Back to top Go down
joeharley

joeharley

PostSubject: Re: Best Dirtbike For Me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:18 pm

Hey ,I can understand wanting a big nice bike. But there is no sence in spending that kind of money for your first bike. Look for an older,smaller bike that runs and don't worry about what it looks like or what make it is.

You need something you can wreck,lay down,and beat the crap out of,without worrying about how it looks or that it cost alot, to learn on. Trust me you are going to spend more time on the ground than you think you are.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Best Dirtbike For Me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:22 pm

Ya, i saw some good deals on 05 and 05 250 ktms, but i want to learn on a 4 stroke and stay 4 stroke. The change from a 2 stroke atv to 4 stroke was a big change for me, so I would like to find a good 4 stroke. What is a good bike in the 125-150 cc area that is a 4 stroke and pretty easy to find new? Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
joeharley

joeharley

PostSubject: Re: Best Dirtbike For Me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:37 pm

Honda CRF150F trail
Honda CRF150R motorcross
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Best Dirtbike For Me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:39 pm

How do they differ?
Back to top Go down
joeharley

joeharley

PostSubject: Re: Best Dirtbike For Me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:03 pm

The trail should have electric start. The motor cross will have a kicker and probly better rear shock and different valving in the front forks. Seats might be alittle different and maybe different size gas tank. Don't know for sure though,you would have to some reading
Back to top Go down
emmanuel

emmanuel

PostSubject: Best dirtbike for me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:33 pm

I've had both 2 and 4 stroke dirtbikes, I love my 2stroker on the track but for the woods I have to recommend the 4 strokes, I'm 5'8" 170lbs and I ride a CRF250 for both track and trails. My Cr125 on the trails is alil harder in tight areas due to constant clutching and tring to keep the RPMs up.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Best Dirtbike For Me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:13 am

Do u feel the250 is too big for u height size
Back to top Go down
tool0420

PostSubject: Re: Best Dirtbike For Me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 6:11 am

its what i was trying to say a week ago a 125 2 stroke runs like a 250 4 stroke the 4 stroke being way nicer on trails i was ridin one on wenday and they run good thats what i think u should go with crf 250 r ele start its so nice u wouldent belive it till u ride it
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Best Dirtbike For Me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:00 am

At your size a CRF150 would work well. The 150f is mild trail bike with short travel softer suspension. The 150r is high performance race bike with long travel suspension. Both are kick start only.

My wife rides a TTR125L. It's about the same size as a CRF150f, just a bit shorter. It's a rock solid reliable trail bike.

The best best is to go around to some shops and sit on bikes to see what feels best for you. Being comfortable is the most important thing.
Back to top Go down
joeharley

joeharley

PostSubject: Re: Best Dirtbike For Me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:52 am

Joe wrote:
At your size a CRF150 would work well. The 150f is mild trail bike with short travel softer suspension. The 150r is high performance race bike with long travel suspension. Both are kick start only.

According to Honda's web site the 150f has the easy-to-use, ultra-reliable electric starter system.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Best Dirtbike For Me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:22 pm

Cool. It's been a few years since I played with one. The magic button is always nice.
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: Best Dirtbike For Me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:47 pm

i dont really ride dirtbikes much. but i been on a few diff bikes and i felt as if the ktm was wicked. i really liked the feel of it all the way around.. but on how reliable it is i have no clue.. just thought id let you know.. or maybe just go out to your dealers around you and just start texting different brands of bikes and see what one stands out the most for you.
Back to top Go down
dh921

dh921

PostSubject: Re: Best Dirtbike For Me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:13 am

outlaw_rider89 wrote:
i dont really ride dirtbikes much. but i been on a few diff bikes and i felt as if the ktm was wicked. i really liked the feel of it all the way around.. but on how reliable it is i have no clue.. just thought id let you know.. or maybe just go out to your dealers around you and just start texting different brands of bikes and see what one stands out the most for you.

ktm makes a very strong bike, no doubt but i would say most reliable is honda, ive fell hard on my honda's and they always start right back up,
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: Best Dirtbike For Me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:32 am

i just dont get it.. a honda never dies lol. u can beat it to hell and back and itll fire right back up and run. they did somthing right
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Best Dirtbike For Me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:42 am

My old 400ex was so durable and reliable, and i beat that thing so much
Back to top Go down
dh921

dh921

PostSubject: Re: Best Dirtbike For Me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:45 am

exactly, yet when you love them, they seem to outlast you ahhaha. they did do something right
Back to top Go down
bigred1

PostSubject: Re: Best Dirtbike For Me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:52 am

i got a 97 recon that i beat to death i use to jump it and ride the crap out of it every day. its sitting in the garage now needing some repairs lol. but it sat for 2 years went back pulled it a couple time and fired right up. i was pretty shocked it still fired blows some black smoke now but still runs fine
Back to top Go down
bigbillg

bigbillg

PostSubject: Re: Best Dirtbike For Me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 3:11 am

at your size you would be better with a 250f of some sort i've been riding longer then some of you guys been living lol and over the passed few years i watch young kids race the 125 2 stroke very well but as soon as they get the 250 4 stroke they are one gear faster me i had both i still like my 250 2 stroke i had a crf450 i liked it but i was much faster on my rm250
Back to top Go down
bigbillg

bigbillg

PostSubject: Re: Best Dirtbike For Me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 3:12 am

your not too small for i'm only 5'6"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Dirtbike For Me?   Best Dirtbike For Me? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Dirtbike For Me?
Page 1 of 1