ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATVFreeRiders

A place to talk about ATV's and all Off-road Vehicles

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders.com!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

ATV,s with tracks.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hambone

Hambone

ATV,s with tracks. Empty
PostSubject: ATV,s with tracks.   ATV,s with tracks. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 5:56 pm

I noticed quite a few discusssions on other ATV sites as to weather or not ATV,s with tracks are considered Snowmobiles by the Pa. DCNR. I looked into this a few years ago and could not get any kind of answer. I just recently got a confirmation from a DCNR employee and he did convey that as long as you registered it as a snowmobile it could be used as one and therefore used on the states snowmobile trail system. Make no mistake though if people think that they can ride their tracked ATV on snowmobile trails when there is no snow then there will be laws to restrict there use. The reason PA has so many miles of snowmobile trails is because there is little destruction from the machines. If you consider that an ATv with tracks has them on all 4 corners and would do very little damage even if there were no snow it may seem like there would be no problem. Try this out and see how quickly there becomes a problem.

Please use your heads and do not start a shit storm between the ATV folks and the Snowmobile folks!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pmatv.org
neparhino

neparhino

ATV,s with tracks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATV,s with tracks.   ATV,s with tracks. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:42 pm

If ur speaking maybe of my post on the VATV website I did recieve a response from DCNR giving me the go ahead to use state owned Snowmobile trails with a tracked ATV as long as it had proper registartion. Common sense would tell me not to go on a snowmobile only trail in the summer dued to all the CLOSED signs. Just my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
Hambone

Hambone

ATV,s with tracks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATV,s with tracks.   ATV,s with tracks. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:27 pm

neparhino wrote:
If ur speaking maybe of my post on the VATV website I did recieve a response from DCNR giving me the go ahead to use state owned Snowmobile trails with a tracked ATV as long as it had proper registartion. Common sense would tell me not to go on a snowmobile only trail in the summer dued to all the CLOSED signs. Just my 2 cents

This response was to several posts I have read over the past couple of months. A good friend of mine is also contemplating tracks and is curiouse about the whole ATV Snowmobile transition issue.

You obviousely have some common sense unfortunately common sense is not all that common anymore. Thanks for your 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pmatv.org
neparhino

neparhino

ATV,s with tracks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATV,s with tracks.   ATV,s with tracks. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:11 pm

LOL, I appologize I replied to the post when I wasnt i the best of moods, I try to leave work at work but that didnt happen today. I just brought this up over on the VATC forum yesterday. I've been looking for this answer for some time now, and finally got the reply, and a positive one at that. Sorry about the common sense remark, I work with too many people that dont have it and is what sparked my outburst. The snowmobilers have really drawn a fine line for who gets to go on there trails and they do alot of work to upkeep the trails and would never do something to ruin their trails or the name of the ATV community
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

ATV,s with tracks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATV,s with tracks.   ATV,s with tracks. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:32 pm

hambone, I see you are a president of your club. Anyway you can start a petition on making ATV's street legal?
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
Sponsored content

ATV,s with tracks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATV,s with tracks.   ATV,s with tracks. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ATV,s with tracks.
Page 1 of 1