ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATVFreeRiders

A place to talk about ATV's and all Off-road Vehicles

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders.com!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Anybody into Nitro RC?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
grut

grut

Anybody into Nitro RC? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody into Nitro RC?   Anybody into Nitro RC? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:01 pm

Anybody into Nitro RC cars or trucks?
Who races at the place in Waterford?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anybody into Nitro RC?   Anybody into Nitro RC? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:26 pm

i wanted to get into it last year but didnt
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: Anybody into Nitro RC?   Anybody into Nitro RC? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:23 am

i have alot of rc gass cars and truck.. ihave nitro rustler 2.5R T-maxx 2.5r Revo 3.3
miss bud boat 4 ft long 33cc chainsaw motor. nitro Vee .15 3ft boat. and the newest thing i got was a hobbic superstar .15 air plane
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: Anybody into Nitro RC?   Anybody into Nitro RC? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 5:39 am

Sweet you have a nice collection.
I just have a REVO 2.5 (Full Race Ready)which I raced in Ohio almost 5 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anybody into Nitro RC?   Anybody into Nitro RC? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 5:42 am

How fast do those things go?
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
drywallgod

PostSubject: Re: Anybody into Nitro RC?   Anybody into Nitro RC? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:15 am

i have a platinum edition revo only raced it once,and a couple of electrics.at one time i had 18 cars,buggys truggys trucks at once.i was way into racing for a few years,then a carrear change made it unafordable,as well as working on saturday.
Back to top Go down
drywallgod

PostSubject: Re: Anybody into Nitro RC?   Anybody into Nitro RC? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:22 am

speed depends on gearing and tunining ability.revo,tmaxx about 43 miles an hour out of the box.for racing on a track you really need to gear down for low end punch.and you never really have a straight away long enough to hit top speed.i had a trooper clock my jato at 66 miles an hour.but that truck was un raceable.you couldnt get traction unless you were on pavement.
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: Anybody into Nitro RC?   Anybody into Nitro RC? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:39 am

nice.. glad u like ur revo platinum i hear there better then the first revo... there fun and pretty competitive
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: Anybody into Nitro RC?   Anybody into Nitro RC? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:25 am

scott, I hear about the racing. My 2 kids are now my spare time. Much more fun and they grow up so damn quick..
I've been out of it so long what does the Platinum have on it?
I know I put titanium pins and rods, RD quick turn front shaft, better servos, Jr Radio, pull start(was about to by a starting box--glad I didn't), low gear set w/ no reverse, traxxas response tires on hurricane wheels, and on and on and on.. mucho grande just sitting.
I am thinking about getting back into it just to play areound and trading out the 2.5 with traxxas for a 3.3 I know it could be done--hopefully still available from traxxas.
Back to top Go down
drywallgod

PostSubject: Re: Anybody into Nitro RC?   Anybody into Nitro RC? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:16 pm

the platinun came with every after market part traxxass makes installed.no radio and you have to buy a starter box for the motor it comes with.i had a spectrum radio bought a rd logics box and an os motor.i just find the os motors easier to tune and they hold a tune better than the 3.3.also a smoother powerband.i havent even fired it up in over a year.although rc racing is huge here the monster truck class has pretty much died.truggy and buggy are the big nitro classes.you can still do the motor swap with traxxas,but its the same price to buy one at your local hobbyshop,or ebay.all said i probably have $1200 into it or more.theres no way to get even close to your money back selling them so it just sits in my garage.
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: Anybody into Nitro RC?   Anybody into Nitro RC? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:32 pm

I know about recooping the cost of the build, mine is down my basement sitting. I may pull it out this summer. Our local Hobby Shop closed its doors so looks like next time I am in Jamestown I'll stop at that one. It is ashame that the monster truck class doesn't seem to do good anywhere, I think most people who buy them just play with them.
I know when I raced mine I was up against truggies and monster trucks with a lot more motor. I whooped them a couple times, it comes down mostly to driving ability and using what you have.
You ever ride the quad on the powerlines east of the 400? or the trails along 90 by hamburg?
Back to top Go down
drywallgod

PostSubject: Re: Anybody into Nitro RC?   Anybody into Nitro RC? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:41 pm

i didnt know there was trails there.i can hit trails just down the street from my house,then rr tracks get me to any trails that i know of
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: Anybody into Nitro RC?   Anybody into Nitro RC? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:43 pm

I just see them when I head into west seneca, never been on them though.
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: Anybody into Nitro RC?   Anybody into Nitro RC? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:11 pm

grut wrote:
I know about recooping the cost of the build, mine is down my basement sitting. I may pull it out this summer. Our local Hobby Shop closed its doors so looks like next time I am in Jamestown I'll stop at that one. It is ashame that the monster truck class doesn't seem to do good anywhere, I think most people who buy them just play with them.
I know when I raced mine I was up against truggies and monster trucks with a lot more motor. I whooped them a couple times, it comes down mostly to driving ability and using what you have.
You ever ride the quad on the powerlines east of the 400? or the trails along 90 by hamburg?

you ever try hobby universe? its in erie.. west 26th street in the hickory plaze i think its called
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: Anybody into Nitro RC?   Anybody into Nitro RC? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:13 am

hobby universe closed last year some time. I bought my revo from Len about 6 years ago--good guy its ashame it didn't work out. The economy sure affects everything.
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: Anybody into Nitro RC?   Anybody into Nitro RC? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:13 am

ohh dang.. i havent been up there in about 6 months or so.. yea len's my cousin... he resently went back to work.. and his oldest son was running the place.. he wasnt to good at it like len was.. but yea the economy sure does suck. he hooked me up with alot of my rc stuff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody into Nitro RC?   Anybody into Nitro RC? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody into Nitro RC?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ATVFreeRiders :: Off Topic-
Jump to: