ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATVFreeRiders

A place to talk about ATV's and all Off-road Vehicles

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders.com!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hybrid Quads

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hybrid Quads Empty
PostSubject: Hybrid Quads   Hybrid Quads Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 5:39 pm

Has any one ever built a Hybrid Quad?
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
JOKER

Hybrid Quads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Quads   Hybrid Quads Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:36 pm

no but if u want to build a great quad rebuild an old 2 stroke i built a lt250r and it only cost be about 1500 and i sold it for 3500
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hybrid Quads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Quads   Hybrid Quads Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:39 pm

really? did you buy used parts off ebay?
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Hybrid Quads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Quads   Hybrid Quads Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:28 am

thought about putting a 250r motor in the 400ex, but that was as far as it got. There are companies that make conversion kits or you can design your own motor mounts. Requires some work if either way.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hybrid Quads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Quads   Hybrid Quads Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:28 am

Ive been thinking as a summer project, do a 400ex frame with a cbr 600rr motor or 1000 motor. I would probably end up doing the 600rr thouh because its lighter, and in stock forum already pushes 108 hp. Then I would probably put 450r suspension on it for now, some cool aftermarket plastic, and some little things such as nerfs, grab bar, push bar, ect.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hybrid Quads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Quads   Hybrid Quads Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:29 am

Question, If you have the title on the frame, and you build a hybrid, the title would still be allowed correct?
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Hybrid Quads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Quads   Hybrid Quads Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:52 am

I believe so since the frame has the numbers used on the title. Call Sue's notary or some dealer and see what they say. You gonna hit the dunes with that much hp? cause you are going to have some probs in the woods with that setup.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hybrid Quads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Quads   Hybrid Quads Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:59 am

Ya, theres a few dune spots I know of that are not to far that I could hit. It be more of a fun vehicle to own and screw around with then a trail rider. Im just debating if I want to slab on a 250 ninja motor on the back of a kart, or do a cbr600/400ex swap or r6/raptor swap.
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Hybrid Quads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Quads   Hybrid Quads Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:30 am

It'll be fun now matter which set up you decide on.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hybrid Quads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Quads   Hybrid Quads Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:08 pm

Yep, I really feel like making a shifter kart though Very Happy So that is what I may have to do. Or I can save the money, and upgrade to the KTM 450 or 525 SX next year. Hard decisions Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
JOKER

Hybrid Quads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Quads   Hybrid Quads Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 8:58 pm

no i got some parts off cragslist but i dont have a credit card and dont know how to get anything off ebay but if u want a street bike motor on a quad take a 90s ninja motor and an old quadzilla frame and it will fit on perfect all motor mounts will bolt up and u can pretty much put any suspention u want on it

i have a dunebuggy with a kz 750 motor on it it needs some work tho ill sell it to u cheap lol
but the ktm quads are sick as hell so id upgrade if i was u lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hybrid Quads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Quads   Hybrid Quads Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:18 pm

how much for dunebuggy? what needs done to it?
Back to top Go down
JOKER

Hybrid Quads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Quads   Hybrid Quads Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:33 pm

needs a rad carbs a paint job and figure out the wireing and put a sprocket on the axle but idk make me an offer. send me ur email and ill send u pics
Back to top Go down
tool0420

Hybrid Quads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Quads   Hybrid Quads Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:29 pm

i would like to do a old yz 490 on the blaster frame but if this motor goes on my 400 i am putting a 600 r on it i ant even playin ill do that before i get a crotch rocket
Back to top Go down
JOKER

Hybrid Quads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Quads   Hybrid Quads Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:23 am

if u put an old yz490 on a blaster its gonna rip it to shreds my buddy made one like that the motor broke every mount he put on it and the frame hasnt been straight since
Back to top Go down
bigred1

Hybrid Quads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Quads   Hybrid Quads Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 7:46 am

if ya do the blaster /yz490 u just gotta gusset the hell out of the frame
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hybrid Quads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Quads   Hybrid Quads Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hybrid Quads
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ATVFreeRiders :: ATV Discussion-
Jump to: