ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATVFreeRiders

A place to talk about ATV's and all Off-road Vehicles

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders.com!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What's your ride?

Go down 
+14
jra146psu
HONDAfan44
dh921
JSTi07
grut
Joe
outlaw_rider89
G4mbl3
tool0420
TimberRider
neparhino
bigred1
joeharley
Admin
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

What's your ride? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:38 pm

Really? I always thought it was geared to have a slow acceleration but high top speed. How do you like it compared to a normal sports quad since it is auto and shaft driven?
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
Impact

Impact

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:51 pm

Truthfully there have been times that i would really have loved to have a clutch again. But for the most part i don't miss it, or my Banshee. For starters, other than regular maintenance and upgrades, i have never had my Kawie leave me walking............ more than i can say for my Banshee.

It's heavy and the stock suspension leaves much to be desired but for most of my trail riding it works perfect.

The stock "gearing" is pretty tame but is has the power to make up for it. I changed mine for $120. and went with a different spring and weight combo that gives me more hit on the bottom but a little less top end speed. Even with the change i can still manage 62 or 63MPH topped out, and i have never topped the beast out on the trails. so i didn't mind giving up a little on the top.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:54 pm

How are the Elkas over the stock?

You really changed my mind on one. If you are hitting that fast of an acceleration plus a decent top speed, then I might have to look into one as a replacement for the blaster. How big is your sprocket in the front and rear? Its an awesome machine and plus you dont have to worry about the clutch and chain. Seems like an awesome trail rider.
Back to top Go down
Impact

Impact

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:16 pm

The Elka's make all the difference in the world. I am sure Works or Fox would be fine too, i just know that of all the things i have done to my Kawie the shock replacement was the one that made the most difference. My biggest gripe about the 700 was the bunk stock suspension.

The tranny has a primary and secondary pulley like a sled, there is no chain on the 700.

If we ever get a chance to ride together you can take it for a spin, just so you know, every person that has jumped on it for the first time has damaged my grab bar. I had a friend wipe off the tail light, and another snap off my new AC grab bar. I am now on grab bar number 5
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:34 pm

Haha thats funny, must have a lot of power for every person to do it. Does it feel pretty heavy in the turns? The elkas probably make it feel a little bit better then the stockers
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:37 pm

should feel night and day. You'll have to ride a quad with stock shocks then ride an identical quad with shocks set for rider weight and riding style. You'll love them.
Back to top Go down
Impact

Impact

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:44 pm

Well there is no getting around the fact that the 700 is a bit of a tank but the shocks make a big difference.

I have flat track raced it a few times and while the suspension helped, the fact that you can't clutch your wheel speed up in the turn seemed to be the biggest drawback. I got killed through the middle of the turn but i could make it up coming out.

It's not perfect but it gets the job done most days.
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:52 pm

thats what counts
Back to top Go down
JOKER

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:13 am

ill buy that banshee name ur price and send me a pic
Back to top Go down
Impact

Impact

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:14 am

sorry man, I sold the last one a few years ago. I have had a few of them, I just got tired of working on them as much as i was riding them
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:56 am

Impact wrote:
sorry man, I sold the last one a few years ago. I have had a few of them, I just got tired of working on them as much as i was riding them

Sounds like a dirt bike....... jocolor
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:06 pm

Joe are you serious, Where is the fun when your work=play on your machine?
Back to top Go down
JOKER

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:16 pm

i love working on them if u come across one let me know especially if its in peaces
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:22 pm

Yah it's fun putting one together but if the maintenance is to the point that you fix as much as ride. That just blows it for a family man looking to get in as much free ride time as possible, not working in the garage after hours to keep it going.
Back to top Go down
Impact

Impact

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:27 pm

It just seemed that every weekend out on the trails would cost me $200.00 and three nights the next week getting it all fixed up for the following weekend.
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:06 pm

that would suck
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:18 pm

wow.. that had to hit the pocket pretty good after a while
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:53 am

I've seen lots of people try to get into an older mx bike because it was "cheap". This is never a good idea. Any of you guys who have owned a 250r quad or, like mentioned, a banshee or pretty much any race oriented machine know you're going to do alot of prep work and maintenance if you don't like to walk home. The old "don't fix it if it ain't broke" saying does not apply to a 10k+ rpm engine. If you wan't that you can go buy a four stroke TRAIL bike and ride it like you stole as long as you change the oil a few times a year. Iy's kinda funny to listen to those guys after they've run a race nike into the ground. It's always the bikes fault, that POS........
Back to top Go down
Impact

Impact

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 7:47 am

Everyone knows this sport is not a cheap sport to get into, from the machines to the gear to the parts.

I would love to have a 250r or another banshee for a second bike, they are a blast to ride, but they are a total money pit, especially if it's your only ride. And the parts are starting to get hard to find for some of the older machines.

I think i'll stick with my Kawie, it's a little slower but at least it's never been towed out.

The other thing is planning your maintenance, once a year i strip my quad down and check everything and replace anything that might leave me stranded. That's what i am doing right now. This winter it was new bearings, bushings and ends in the front.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:47 am

Years ago I rode with people who didn't do the maintenance and it can put a hamper or even ruin a day in a hurry for everyone. I hear you on the price of parts.

FUN=MONEY

Does the kawi eat belts at all? Those quads are wild, reminds me of the rokon 340 bike with the auto trans.
Back to top Go down
Impact

Impact

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:44 pm

I have never had a belt fail on me.

I changed my spring and weight combo after the first two seasons and i replaced the belt just because i had to pull it all apart anyway. I saved the stock belt for a spare it was still in good shape
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:52 pm

i cant wait to really test out my outlaw this spring.. i got it in november and only had one ride on it for like 2 hours..
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:42 am

Lol, I have rode the hell out of mine so far and it hasnt even been spring yet till now, when I CANT ride right now =[. soon enough though... soon enough...
Back to top Go down
Canammark

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:04 pm

2010 can-am outlander max 800 ltd
2002 Honda rubicon
2-2004 yamaha raptor 80
2004 Honda crf230f
2004 Honda 150(crf?)diff plastic
2005 Honda 80(crf?)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:31 pm

Nice rides you have, how do you like the 2010 can am 800? I have an 08 800 max. Have you ridden a previous year 800? How was the power increase for 2010's?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your ride?
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next