ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATVFreeRiders

A place to talk about ATV's and all Off-road Vehicles

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders.com!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

my vehicles

Go down 
+4
Admin
joeharley
outlaw_rider89
G4mbl3
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

my vehicles - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:17 am

yea, he barely got it in 2nd leaving, it just wouldnt go in, lol. youll see him driving something else for the next week or so while its in the shop
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:19 am

lol probly.. unless he putts around a little longer.. he coulc prob skip second and hit 3rd if third grabs better..
Back to top Go down
JSTi07
JSTi07

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:30 pm

G4mbl3 wrote:
no, the cops dont say a thing, a cop friend of mine from meadville city, said he thinks they look great. I replaced the inside bulbs with white leds, and the outer bulb with an amber led - still wishing to upgrade to HIDs, but not sure how much longer I am going to keep the GA.

That good to hear. I might have to paint and clean up my headlights this weekend. There also, chrome covered amber turn signal bulbs. So it looks clean, but still light up amber when in use.
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:33 pm

JSTi07 wrote:
G4mbl3 wrote:
no, the cops dont say a thing, a cop friend of mine from meadville city, said he thinks they look great. I replaced the inside bulbs with white leds, and the outer bulb with an amber led - still wishing to upgrade to HIDs, but not sure how much longer I am going to keep the GA.

That good to hear. I might have to paint and clean up my headlights this weekend. There also, chrome covered amber turn signal bulbs. So it looks clean, but still light up amber when in use.

Nice, I was going to grab a set of those, but their so expensive anywhere I found them. Thats why I chose the Ebay LEDs
Back to top Go down
JSTi07
JSTi07

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 8:04 pm

pmed^^
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:54 pm

my vehicles - Page 2 L_d1ab10
after i got bored of it i changed the color.. this is the old look
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 11:29 pm

my vehicles - Page 2 L_c55d10
thats after.. if you beg to differ i have pics of all the work being done step to step
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:33 am

Looks like a different front bumper, different hood, CF door handles and side view mirrors

If it is yours it looks pretty nice Cool
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:56 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Impact

Impact

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:58 pm

I have a mostly stock 03 Dodge Dakota. It has absolutely no options at all...... and it took me a while to find it that way. No cruse, no automatic, no power nothing. I have spent a lot of time fixing that crap and i don't want it. It does have 4wd with locking diff low range and that's about it.

It only has the 3.9 .................it sucks, even with the stick it's gutless and it get's crap fuel mileage. I would recommend the V8

It can't haul a trailer, but it will haul ass off road for some reason.

my vehicles - Page 2 P1010010
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:06 pm

never even knew they had a 3.9. Mine has the 4.7 AWD and it has SOME get up and go when floored, but nothing like my car of course. goes like an unstoppable tank offroad at yankee lake. took the whole hood under mudd by accident and got through it without any trouble =] . Mine hauls around my camper of 6700 lbs, but on long steep hills it will overheat just a little. gets like 13-16 mpg average. Still wish I had gotten a pick-up truck like I wanted, but I am an impulse buyer...
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:07 pm

why can't it haul a trailer?
I have 3 nissans with 3.3 and they haul my 6x12 trailer fine. I used to use a 99 Jeep Wrangler with a 4.0 stick to haul same size trailer.
Back to top Go down
Impact

Impact

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:05 am

It will haul a trailer, just not very well. A fully loaded bed is fine, but it is a dog with a trailer on. Some moron at the factory jammed 3.55 gears in it. not great gears to have when pulling a trailer with a 3.9L.

We also have a 2005 Ram 2500 with the Cummins and a 6sp manual. It is defenetly the truck of choice when hauling.

I was hauling a F250 and two spare motors on a 2000Lb trailer. We loaded them up in Wheeling WV and i figured i would need a run to clime 2 mile hill on I70 by Cabalas. I was wrong, we cruised to the top at 75mph in 6th gear.

After driving the Cummins, the Dakota seems pretty useless. It will prob. be the last "small" truck i buy

The really sad part is that the Dakota gets about 17mpg unloaded around town. The Cummins pulling all that weight back from Wheeling and was still getting 20mpg..........
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:56 am

wonder why your spoiled with the cummins....those gears are too low in your dakota you should get better mileage on the highway then.

Gotta love a diesel, nothing like it towing, want one myself some day!!!
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 9:35 pm

alot of people make the mistake thinking.. small truck means better mpg.. well its not always the case lol
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:24 pm

deals with gearing and displacement, as well as quite a few other apsects, such as air intake, a/f ratio, etc
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:32 pm

guess it depends on what u really are going to use the truck for. when it comes to buying one
Back to top Go down
Impact

Impact

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:42 am

Ya, when i bought the Dakota i didn't tow much and frankly i really couldn't afford anything bigger. The prices that trucks are going for is totally nuts.

I went looking last year, thinking i might replace the Dakota with at least a half ton. Everything i looked at that was 4 or 5 years old was all over 20k. The Diesels, well i wouldn't even go there, you are talking major money to get into one of those. I found a guy selling an old 93 box body Dodge with almost 200,000 miles and he still wanted $7000. Crazy

I think my next truck will be something a little older that i can actually work on myself. Without all the govt clean air crap plastered all over it. It's going to be about the only way i can afford one.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:38 am

My dad works in the car market, and prices on every car is jacked right now. All the new car dealers that are getting shut down are converting to used car dealerships. That means more people at the auctions, which means more biddding on cars.

When gas was up really high like 2 years ago, you could get a suv or truck for thousands below the retail price, dealers were buying trail blazers and explorers for 3500-4k, that same car now there buying for 10k, it is really bad.
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:59 pm

gotta love vehicles, especially in this roller coaster oil/gas market.
I know my father in law dumped a under 5 year old ram2500 with only 8k on it for peanuts when the gas was high but it only had a dog of a 360 in it, if it was a diesel I would have been figuring a way to snag it.
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:51 pm

ill never get rid of truck.. i dont care if the price hits $5 a gallon ill still fill er up.. as it is now im pumpin a min of $80 a week in to it
resently i been messin with the computers and stuff and tune it a little now i went from 10 mph to 15 lol its not much but i can now get to and from work 2 weeks in a row compare to me fillin up every week from full to almost empty..
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:58 pm

[quote="Impact"]Ya, when i bought the Dakota i didn't tow much and frankly i really couldn't afford anything bigger. The prices that trucks are going for is totally nuts.

I went looking last year, thinking i might replace the Dakota with at least a half ton. Everything i looked at that was 4 or 5 years old was all over 20k. The Diesels, well i wouldn't even go there, you are talking major money to get into one of those. I found a guy selling an old 93 box body Dodge with almost 200,000 miles and he still wanted $7000. Crazy

I think my next truck will be something a little older that i can actually work on myself. Without all the govt clean air crap plastered all over it. It's going to be about the only way i can afford one.[/quote]

200,000 miles on a diesel is just broke in lol if its gas ha id let it sit.. that is a bit much for a used one..

well my chevy brand new i paid $40k for it.. buddy of mine with a dodge paid almost $50k for his..

if you get a dodge diesel u can do some wounders with the motor if your willing to spend 10k or better in parts.. just was talkin to a guy at work today about are trucks.. we got some wicked ideas that where both planin on doin to em..
Back to top Go down
Impact

Impact

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 1:56 pm

I was pricing new trucks online and i found out something interesting. Ford and Chevy no longer offer a manual tranny for their trucks, even the heavy duty and diesel models. I was kinda shocked. I guess it's just a sign of the times.

I still prefer three pedals in my ride, call me old fashioned.
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:31 pm

dang that is interesting.. i didnt know that.. havent been lookin for a new truck any time soon to know.. i wounder whats next? lol
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:10 am

That is ashame, I like having a clutch any day, but many manufacturers state that an auto will tow more.
If that is the sign of change then pretty soon our vehicle will drive them selves. yippy!! I can't stand all that crap about how they will parallel park themselves, apply brakes when needed, and won't allow you to tail gate. Damn it people learn to drive and with out distractions; then we would have less accidents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my vehicles   my vehicles - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my vehicles
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ATVFreeRiders :: Car/Truck Discussion-
Jump to: