ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATVFreeRiders

A place to talk about ATV's and all Off-road Vehicles

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders.com!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Good Mud tires?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:48 pm

Ok, just trying to get an idea here on a good tire to upgrade to. Going to be doing about 60% trail riding, then hitting the mud. The stock tires on the popo do alright, just not as agressive as I would like.
I am loking on MudThrowers, and found a couple that are decent in pricing.

Looking at the Maxxis Zillas', the Swamp-lites, Mud Lites, Dirt Devil II's, Mud Gear's, Mud Trax's, and Bearclaws. So far I have heard a lot good of the Zillas - not mudzillas, but the zillas.

I know outlaw mike has the swamplites on his 300 and dear god do they have tread, just not too sure if they would go good on my utility. I believe without looking mine has 24's stock? I am thinking of going 26's and know a few of those tires listed come an inch undersized (like if you order a 26, they will be height-wise the same as another brand 25).

Looking for personal experience with tires. Also dont be afraid to list anything you like I havent listed. Just going on a budget price of about $70 a tire or less.

Also, the mud wil be anything from goop mud to thick crap, to milkshake mud. Picture appreciated too!
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:36 pm

I have the Titan 589's on my 300 Cat 4x4. That uses different sized front and rear. I put 25x10 on front and 26x12 on rear. Let me find a pic and add it. Lots of tread for mud and snow and they do nice on hard pack also. It's an older pic before lift, wheels, new lights. and bunch of add ons, but it works. [img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:39 pm

I like mudsharks Smile
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:19 pm

hmm, i havent heard of either tire, but thanks for the suggestions, especially the pic! the tread looks pretty good!

So far I am looking into the zillas. Apparently they are pretty damn light. At around $70 per tire at 26's, its not Too too bad. Trying to sell 4 dunlop 25's for 10" rims, then ill snag a set of tires for mine. Hopefully when I get around to filing my taxes, I will snag something else for my quad... Wink But the girlfriend wont let me till I upgrade my gun.. What a girl, haha
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:25 pm

what ever tire u get if it has the rum quard where the rim sits in deeper on the side wall it will look amazing with aftermarket rims.. i can pull one of my tires and we can sit it by ur machine and see how it would look.. also go to rocky mountain atv .com and look at there rims.. they have more rims then mud throwers.. hope this helps.. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:26 pm

my swamp lites are only 22's lol bigger u go the bigger the tread depth!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:21 am

Stay away from any of the lite tires. The tread is hollowed out which makes it lighter, which also makes it wear out a lot faster
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:11 am

G4mbl3 wrote:
hmm, i havent heard of either tire, but thanks for the suggestions, especially the pic! the tread looks pretty good!

So far I am looking into the zillas. Apparently they are pretty damn light. At around $70 per tire at 26's, its not Too too bad. Trying to sell 4 dunlop 25's for 10" rims, then ill snag a set of tires for mine. Hopefully when I get around to filing my taxes, I will snag something else for my quad... Wink But the girlfriend wont let me till I upgrade my gun.. What a girl, haha

pussy whiped lol!
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:14 am

thats the whole point is to make the tire light as possible.. i put mine thru hell and sat there and done burn out and the whole nine yards and the tread hasnt even warn off the little rubber nobs inbetween each tread Razz
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:33 am

G4mbl3, You have a Good woman! Guns unfortunatly don't depreciate like quads, tires, etc.+ they put food on the table! What are looking to get?
I use RMATV also they have great shipping time and always check the clearance items I order from them way too much. As for wheels I put Rattlesnakes on cat. I never had any lite tire just the stock rims and 489's and the aftermarket rims with 589's

good luck and have fun searching there are so many options any more.
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:08 pm

well just converting a Saiga x39 of mine

And I did happen to look at the 589's and they dont look too bad at all! So now its pretty much between those two. Ive seen a lot of quads with outlaws and Silverbacks, but not even going to bother with them. Ill do a few google searches and see what opinions are. Got a bit of time to work with, and wether or not the stock tires get me stuck everywhere I go depends on how soon I order the new tires. Id love to get some rims too, but I think I would rather pay the quad off or at least get more of it paid for first. thanks Grut
Back to top Go down
joeharley

joeharley

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:09 pm

Stay away from anything that says ITP on it ,they suck. Yea they are better then stock,but for the money you can get allot better.

I have the highlifter outlaws on my popo. they are a pure mud tire but are pretty good on the trail. They also make a trail =mud tire that is nice. If you like it, save some money and get the Swampwitches , there the same thing just cheeper.
I have the maxis zilla's on my ranger. They are great. They mud well and are unbeatable on the trail. Don't worry about them being soft and wearing out. I have about 1800 miles on mine and there holding up great.My ranger is harder on tires then youre quad ever will be.

And remember you dont want a hard tire for trail riding. You want somthing soft so it can flex and bite in.

Here are a couple more options.
Mudbugs
Swamp witches
Bi claws and tri claws
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:12 pm

Maybe ITP is bad for Mud Tires, But they make some awesome Sport tires, and normal Recreational tires, along with some awesome rims
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:14 pm

I heard Douglas is the only way to go in the rims. Don't have any ITP's so can't make an arguement.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:50 pm

Douglas are awesome sport rims, but ITP makes just as good rims for both sport and utility
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:53 pm

A guy I rode with had ITP w/ reinforcement rings and said they were softer that douglas rims, on sport quad.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:05 pm

well, idk about that, I have douglas right now, and had them on my old 400ex, they are strong, though I dont think they compare to the ITP baja's (those r the reinforced ones). My brother has them on the z400 and you can pound those things harddd with out bending a rim
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:06 pm

I would think also the ring would do alot.
Back to top Go down
joeharley

joeharley

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:20 pm

I am sorry for the confusion. I was refering to ITP's so called mud tires. I have no first hand knowledge of any of there other products.

As for wheels,I would not want to sacrifice strength for weight on a heavy utility-woods riding machine.

There used to be a guy on ebay selling Vision wheels. I got 2 sets (8 wheels) for $200 shipped to my door. I have beat the tar out them,and they take it. Banged them on rockes,trees,and who knows what in the deep holes. Neither of my machines are what you would consider lite either.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:50 pm

woah nice, what do the wheels look like?
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:12 pm

wow thanks for the input guys,

zilla's keep sounding better and better, ill probably go with them. And as far as the rims, I love the ones from ITP - SS. From my local Street track n ripoff, I can get a deal on each rim new and they also said from the supplier they have lifetime warranty on the rims, where if I bend a rim, not knick it or scratch, but bend it out of shape, even the lip, they will replace it, and I just go through STnT and get free return shipping and all that, so I would go through them for that.
Back to top Go down
joeharley

joeharley

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:20 am

STNT can get the Zilla's also. That is who I had order mine. Just try to find someone else in parts besides Mike L. He doesent know much. He is one of those (it doesent show it on the computer,so I cant get it ) parts guys.

Look into some Highlifter tire sealent to. It is alittle pricey, but well worth it. And works 10x's better then slime brand.
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:24 am

good deal. happen to know what they charge for zillas?
Back to top Go down
joeharley

joeharley

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:35 am

I cant remember, I think it was rite around $400 for the tires,highlifter tire sealent,and mounting.
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:52 pm

Oh I would probably be better off going through mudthrowers at $70 a tire. Then nearby a friend of mine mounts and balances tires free for me. Thanks though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good Mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Mud tires?   Good Mud tires? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Mud tires?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next