ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATVFreeRiders

A place to talk about ATV's and all Off-road Vehicles

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders.com!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

communication while riding

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

communication while riding Empty
PostSubject: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:52 pm

I have seen threads with putting cbs on quads and such, which I think is actually pretty cool. I wouldnt go that far, as I have a handheld 40 channel cb unit, but I got a pair of motorola talkies from Dick's Sporting Goods - camo pair with PTT headsets, and they work great while riding with helmets, especially if your riding in a big group and someone gets stuck towards the rear to alert the front riders or if you get seperated.

Anyone else happen to use a system like this?
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:40 pm

nice idea... but i wouldnt waste my time lol if i get stuck im epecting to get left behind or if somenoe else gets stuck they better know im not stopin.. haha na we check behind us every so often to make sure everyone is there.. good friend of ares died on sweet road in ohio. we was all rideing and he bumped someones tire causing him to go over the handle bars braking his neck and dieing with in mins. but we was rideing at night so when he wrecked his quad and it stalled it was harder to find him.. his tail light survived and was glowin when we seen it.. so now we just look behind us every so often.. so no need for wasted money here..
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 5:42 am

That is a pretty cool idea, but you would have to make sure at least 1 other person than you is wearing one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 8:16 am

lol, nope thats the fun of it, just talk to yourself all day! Haha, but yes, usually NOBODY has a pair of talkies, so I end up loaning a bud of mine my other one, still trying to get him to put a cb in his truck, and get a pair of these.
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:08 am

you been tryin to get them to put cb's in for how long now? lol since like 1 year or so ago
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:18 am

well i gave up till i can get my setup right. im either getting a big whip mag mount, or waiting on my stepdad for his fiberglass whip, then getting a hood mount. that one I have now I cant get any range out of. also need to found a place to mount my unit
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:10 am

in dash or under the dash.. if it came with the mount just flip it around and under the dash.. well i guess that all depends on what the angle is of your dash. guess u wouldin want it way under there or straight up and down
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 5:54 pm

well today I bought a new fiberglass mag mount just to try out, and mounted the cb again under the wheel. guess it wors, i dunno, noone was talking from s town to meadville
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:20 pm

thats really odd.. there usally is.. try goin to erie with it on and see if u get alot of ppl
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:46 pm

yea ill have to, it looks cool, 40" tall. just gotta find someone with a swr meter and tune it close to 1.0. need to see what its at.
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:19 pm

lol.. so uhh can u touch the street lights with that thing? Laughing
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 2:11 am

psh no, i gotta get the wilson 102 whip for that ; ]. But got to test it out a bit and im able to pick up miles away, haha just tonight some dude came on whistling a really creepy tone super loud, and it scared the hell out of me till I realised it was on cb, haha. used a rat shack meter, then returned it, but i tuned the antenna and its mint right now =]
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 5:55 pm

lol.. but you do know that they have cell phones out these days and most ppl use them now
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:05 pm

not every offroading location has reception buddy, lol. plus walkie talkies work much better close range then cell phones when multiple people are involved
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:07 pm

yea i know.. but still
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:08 pm

so you getting a new cb antenna anytime soon?
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:09 pm

yea but i dont want a big one tho..lol ill hit to much shit with that on top my truck
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:12 pm

your not more then 1/2 inch taller then my truck and i got a 4 footer and dont hit things - yet
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:13 pm

lol its that word YET....
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:17 pm

hey I havent gone through any low rise crap yet. lol i never even made it through the parking lots when I had my old ant.
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:18 pm

oh. try a fast food place and let me knw how it does in the drive thru LOL
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:20 pm

um taco bell was fine. mc d's i havent tried yet lol
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:25 pm

well try mcdonalds then.. and bitch at them becuase you hit it. aha
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:27 pm

I could too, haha I know all the managers still too from when I worked there =]
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:33 pm

haha make them make ur thing with the bun and nugets and crap that u told me about
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: communication while riding   communication while riding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

communication while riding
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next