ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATVFreeRiders

A place to talk about ATV's and all Off-road Vehicles

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders.com!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Winter Riding

Go down 
+6
joeharley
tool0420
jra146psu
neparhino
HONDAfan44
Admin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 4:29 pm

How has every ones winter riding been? Mine has been great up to now, the outlaw has only been getting stuck in this ice/snow we have. Will try the outlander this weekend
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
HONDAfan44
HONDAfan44

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 4:34 pm

Its been pretty good, i got my 450 trx stuck twice today so i'm gunna go with the 4wd machines for the rest of the winter.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 6:32 pm

get a picture of your uncles RZR with his tracks next time your with it
Back to top Go down
HONDAfan44
HONDAfan44

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:03 pm

He has it at Crolli's right now, or at least i think he does because the throttle kept freezing so he might be taking the tracks off of it for a little bit. I'm going down there this weekend so i'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
neparhino

neparhino

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:00 pm

There are about ten of us that go out every weekend. We've been going since the first snow fell and putting on between 60 and 75 miles a day. Up til this weekend most of the trails were icy because of the snow getting packed down by the machines thawing during the day and freezing at night, so we use the winches quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
jra146psu

jra146psu

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: storm dahn er   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 7:39 pm

I went dahn to clarion this weekend and rode throughout the blizzard. Got about a foot in clarion Fri night into Sat morn. With stock tires, at about 2AM Fri had some problems getting stuck in the drifts (had nothing to do with the beers). Threw on some chains and was going everywhere the 4x4's were going, until the chains got shifted trying to get up a steep climb up from clarion river. Need to get some better tires before going back out in a foot of snow.
Back to top Go down
tool0420

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:01 am

well my winter riding has came to a hult . in columbiana county were in a emeregency with 2 and a half feet of snow and some drifts over 6 foot my brothers 4x4 wont even go or dads snowmobile it just sinks in the snow and i gust get stuck so i am done till it gets nice i guess i am ready for spring!
Back to top Go down
joeharley

joeharley

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:24 am

We got just the right amount of snow in and around meadville. To much for the sport bikes-just perfect for the 4x4s. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:39 pm

Perfect amount in Millcreek, awesome for 4x4s, but my outlaw can still get through it
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:39 pm

Perfect snow amount here in saegertown, been riding my trails across my house and keep finding random snowmobile trails mixed with atv tire tracks. still wishing spring was here though. and admin, when i read your posts, all i can think of when i hear millcreek is areas like the mall, and busy crowded streets. there quite a few trails and riding areas up your way?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:45 am

I actually live kind of by the mall, I live on the other side of Peach, in Timbercreek Estates if you know where that is. But I have a rather large backyard being in Milcreek, around 3 acres that we have a few jumps on. Other then that I live right on the power lines which you can ride forever, but the neighbors do not like that much lol. I usually ride down in Marienville and Warren
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:43 am

Admin,

those trails around you hook up the the cherry street ext trails? I keep hearing if you have a place to park you can ride quite a bit out to the south. I have yet found a place to park though or anyone who knows where.
I ususlly ride Marienville, Rocky Gap, and Majestic.
Grut
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:35 am

I ride marienville, rockygap, and timberline and want to hit up majestic. actually there are some pretty nice trails right behind tractor supply, even large 4x4 trucks can go back there. There are also some behind home depot that meet up at some point with the powerlines
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:42 am

Have you rode behind TSC or HD? I Area behind TSC(been eyeballing that one) it ooks small but may be worth a try sometime.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:58 am

Actually, in the fall time, I saw a few atvers right over beside sams club coming out of the woods, I want to go look at the trails back there
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:59 am

grut what road in Mckean are you? I have an uncle in Mckean, and I know a member here lives in Mckean as well. He has a MX track there set up for himself with some trails
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:03 pm

Using google earth the trails by TSC,SAMS,Giant Eagle could be a descent play area. I know I usually see a State Trooper sitting at the dead end above Target so if someone would complain I guess we would get to meet who's on duty pronto!
The ones behind Home Depot look much larger.
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:04 pm

I will send you a PM with info
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:06 pm

Alright sounds good, and ya ive seen cops at both home depot and sams before as well.
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:57 am

dont sound like a the best place to ride at if there are cops siting around
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:10 am

thats like asking for a fine
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:54 am

im glad i dont live in the city lol.. but also sucks that i have to drive a little to go to public atv trails
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:58 am

haha, im glad I can just start up my quad, and drive across the road to some trails. woot.
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:14 am

yep
Back to top Go down
JSTi07
JSTi07

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:23 pm

G4mbl3 wrote:
haha, im glad I can just start up my quad, and drive across the road to some trails. woot.

Lucky, since I have had my quad I have yet to go on any public trails.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Winter Riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Riding   Winter Riding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter Riding
Page 1 of 1