ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATVFreeRiders

A place to talk about ATV's and all Off-road Vehicles

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders.com!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Erie County, Pa

Go down 
+7
JSTi07
G4mbl3
mikezx1
Joe
joeharley
Admin
grut
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
grut

grut

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:51 am

Any body ride locally anymore even if it is a couple hour ATV ride?
Years ago you could, before law suites and posted land.
I drive at least an hour every time I need my fix?
Where does every one ride from Erie, Pa area?
I ride at:
ANF -Marienville, Timberline, Rocky Gap, Willow Creek(very, very bumpy-not heading back any time soon)
Rew, Pa-Majestic Trials.
Grut
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:51 am

I guess there is a place right outside Pittsburgh that you pay like 15 dollars to ride and there is a lot of trails. But there are old miner trails there that go underground, the people there take you through them. Seems kinda cool might check it out this summer
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
joeharley

joeharley

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:57 am

Do you have any info on the old mining trails? Name,Website,anything. I realy enjoy that kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:01 pm

Ya lemme look and try to find the website, I am right now trying to get a trail finder onto site, itll list like a few hundred places to ride around the country
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Its actually closer than Pittsburgh
Back to top Go down
joeharley

joeharley

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:10 pm

Thanks I will be checking them out cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:13 pm

Tell us how it is if you hit them before I do
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:16 pm

I posted earlier on topic but must have got lost in cyberspace.
My buddy got down there twice last year and did the underground tour too. He said it was cool.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:43 pm

Did he say there were many trails? And if it had any difficulty? I have a very nice place down in cooksforest to ride, it is a bunch of trails and pits, its amazing but super hard to find, ill see if I can get a map of it later off google earth
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:07 pm

Cooks forest that's crazy my family and my buddies family got a cabin down there 2 years ago and me adn him rode Marienville every morning and returned at lunch time to do family stuff with the kids and wives the rest of the day. Very nice area down there.
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:06 pm

Mines and Meadows was very muddy when he was there in the spring and fall.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:19 am

We ride the Union City Dam when it's dry enough. Other than that it's all private land we ride on nearby. We also do Mapleshade, Majestic, Rocky Gap and NEMX. I'd like to get to some of the other places to the south this season. Hopefully we can get a few guys/girls together for a ride sometime.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:20 am

There is a really nice place in titusville to ride. I will post directions when I get home, don't know off the top of my head
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:26 am

Joe,
I was at Union City Damn once last year, nice little play area, not much though, went there after riding Bayview OHV area in Shenango Lake(crazy when everyone shows up, 2-way trails asking for problems) Sounds great on the ride sometime. I got my wife out once last year and hopefully more this year, it's tough with 2 kids.

Admin-let us know where in titusville. I'm interested.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:28 am

Ill let you know, and my name is David by the way afro
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:41 am

Cool, I am Brian.
Hate using screen names, but some prefer it.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:25 pm

Brian, we have twin boys who will be 5 this summer and a on year old girl so we don't get a ton of free time. The dam is convient because it's only 25 minutes away so we can go out and play around for a couple hours in the afternoon if we get time. I like how many natural jumps there are out there. One time last summer we got across the creek and there were a couple trails over there, unfortunately we were already running late to leave and it was getting dark so we didn't get time to explore. Looks like one trail heads down along the creek to the dam and other into the woods. I don't know that woods are open to ride though.

If I'm gonna drive an hour or more to ride I like to stay for the better part of the day at least. Majestic is really nice and worth the drive if you leave early so you can have more time to ride. Rocky Gap was really hard on tires and alot slower trail. I don't think I'd take my wife there. I really want to go to Marienville again. It's been over 10 years since I was there but I have fond memories. I've seen more recent pics and it still looks nice. Probly one of the funnest places I've ridden was Hillside in Seagertown. They have some SWEEET GNCC singletrack out there plus a decent MX track and grass track. We usually do indoor at NEMX in the winter but the bikes been down almost all winter this year.
Back to top Go down
mikezx1

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:35 pm

does any one ride by Lake City?i go there a lot not bad trails some hills to
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:14 pm

Joe, by far Marienville is one of the best places around. A ton of trails and it connects into timberline. As for Rocky Gap, it is also a favorite. Very, very difficult on the ATV at some of the parts which makes it it an amazing trail.

Hey mike, and welcome to the forums! Wheres lake city?
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:03 pm

My Mom lives in Girard. Where in Lake City do you ride?
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Joe,
I have 4 yeer old and 9 month old girls, they sure are the best toys to have though.
As for riding I had the wife out to Marienville last Oct(Sunday only due to hunting) with by buddy and his wife(first timer). The women had a blast but it was a little cold. We usually get on the trails at the crack of dawn.
I planned on hitting Union City more this year to play with my 450r which I just finished in Oct. so I 'm up for exploring a bit down there. I really like rocky gap and would take the wife because I think she would like it also, just assist especially with the down hill rock crawl area. If anyone is insterested Majestic has a Shriner's Hospital Dice Run on June 12th went last year and stayed in a friends camper was a blast heading down this year also but may not stay the night we'll see when the time comes.
Hillside with GNCC definetly going to have to check that one out!

Mike,
Lake City area? I am in as long as it is not the old Eagle's Nest(thought it was in west springfield but have heard it referred to as lake city not sure of the boundaries out that way), supposedly it has been policed by the DCNR which hands out fines left and right. Haven't been there in 11 years or so.

David,
I agree with you.
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:30 pm

Hey there, I as well am very interested in titusville riding. My girlfriend lives in townville, so I go out that way all the time. And I would be willing to take a trip as well, just give a heads up of when and where!
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 4:52 am

[quote=grut]Joe,
I have 4 yeer old and 9 month old girls, they sure are the best toys to have though.
As for riding I had the wife out to Marienville last Oct(Sunday only due to hunting) with by buddy and his wife(first timer). The women had a blast but it was a little cold. We usually get on the trails at the crack of dawn.
I planned on hitting Union City more this year to play with my 450r which I just finished in Oct. so I 'm up for exploring a bit down there. I really like rocky gap and would take the wife because I think she would like it also, just assist especially with the down hill rock crawl area. If anyone is insterested Majestic has a Shriner's Hospital Dice Run on June 12th went last year and stayed in a friends camper was a blast heading down this year also but may not stay the night we'll see when the time comes.
Hillside with GNCC definetly going to have to check that one out![/quote]

You have twins as well?

My wife and I ride bikes and she doesn't have a ton of seat time so I don't think it would be a great idea to put her through Rocky Gap, lol.

Hillside wasn't quad friendly in the woods last time I was there. The trails were singletrack with bar with tree spacing. affraid Not to mention the footpeg deep ruts and angled hill climbs. That place was built as a training ground for pro GNCC racers I guess.
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:54 pm

Joe,
No twins just 2 total a 4 year old girl and a 9month old girl.
Ya after looking at Hillside's site I didn't see one quad in the pics, that would explain it then-not a big fan of MX just any woods riding-oh well.

Dave,
Any information yet on where those Titusville trails are?
Back to top Go down
JSTi07
JSTi07

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I didnt want to zoom in all the way so you can get an idea of where it's at.

Does anyone ride here??... it is across the street from a landscaping business.

There are some doubles, tabletops, whoops, etc. Looks like a fun place to ride!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Erie County, Pa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erie County, Pa   Erie County, Pa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Erie County, Pa
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next