ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATVFreeRiders

A place to talk about ATV's and all Off-road Vehicles

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders.com!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Mines and Medows

Go down 
+4
JSTi07
Admin
grut
Impact
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Impact

Impact

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:48 am

There is a place near me, in Kopple, PA called Mines and Medows.

Its not a huge place but they have a lot of differant types of riding. There are rock crawls, hill climbs, mud pits. The trails are marked good and it's pretty well maintained with some camping on site for guys out of the aria.

I have never just gone over for the day, the local VFW has a poker run there every year and there are some other events i have been to. They even have a guided mine tour on the quads. It's nothing special but it was interesting riding my quad through a pitch dark mine.

Its a good time, i usually make it over once or twice a season
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:57 am

My buddy hit it twice last year and had a good time. I plan on hitting it at least once this year, I'll let you know when we head down that way if you want.
Are there any local trails your way? Just asking because my buddy's dad lives in Zelienople and now they are down to just riding his dad's property.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:03 pm

Hey, this is the place I talked about in another post, how well did you like it?
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
Impact

Impact

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:19 pm

I live right outside of Zelie and there is absolutely no riding around here anymore. There used to be a huge place to ride out by the airport in Zeile, but someone bought it all up and bulldozed the trails off. It was a shame, lot of good riding in there back in the day

Mines and Meadows is a fun time, Like i said it's kinda small when you compare it to Hatfield but it still has plenty of riding for all skill levels.

I make sure i am there for the Franklin Twp VFD poker run every year, they have venders and food and prizes. Its usually pretty crowded. Last year it was raining and muddy. The place was still jammed with people.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:25 pm

Have you ever been to Marienville, timberline, or Rocky Gap?
Back to top Go down
Impact

Impact

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:42 pm

No, i don't seem to make it much further north than Butler Co. I have friends with a farm there and they are near the Bruin Poker run so we do that too.

Mostly i ride at their farm, i haul down to Powerline Park in St. Clairsville OH for the rides on Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends. (a total blast for those that have never been there), we do the Slippery Rock Dunes once or twice a summer, and i have been to Hatfield McCoy.

This summer i plan on heading to Wellsville Oh, at least once, i have friends that go out all the time and say it's awesome.

Ill have to head up north sometime, I hear SnowShoe is a good time and i have never been up to ANF.

Gives me something to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:44 pm

Thats awesome, seems like youve been to many places Very Happy Wheres the best place in your opinion to take a trip to, not including Hatfield and McCoy
Back to top Go down
Impact

Impact

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:03 pm

If you can spare the holiday weekend Powerline Park is prob. the ride i look forward to the most. It's huge, and there is a staggering amount of quads, bikes, mud trucks, sand rails. There are trails for everyone, there are trails for just the ATV's and dirtbikes.

I think it's the entertainment as much as the riding that keeps me going. I think it's 30 bucks for the whole weekend, there is a mall and plazas right down the road as well as a car wash that allows riders (something you almost never find).

It's actually right off of Interstate 70 about 15 min west of Wheeling WV. From here it's a hour and a half or two hour drive

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:06 pm

Wow that looks nice, its only open on the holiday weekend?
Back to top Go down
Impact

Impact

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:07 pm

Ya it's only open Memorial Day Weekend and Labor Day Weekend

The first pic is of the Mud Truck Pit, it's a money event for the trucks, the second is my friend on his YFZ450 on top of one of the hills, the third is a pic deep down in the woods on one of the trails. The guys in the pic are just some people we met while we were there and rode with them for a while.

Powerline is also host to a GNCC event in October every year. My friend on the 450 tried it twice and i ran his pit stall, it was a wild time
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:08 pm

sweet pictures
Back to top Go down
JSTi07
JSTi07

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:36 pm

Definitely looks like a great time.
Back to top Go down
JOKER

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:02 pm

that looks fun as shit. weres that at?
Back to top Go down
Impact

Impact

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:24 pm

Powerline Park it's in StClairsville OH, a small town about 15min west of Wheeling WV on I-70
Back to top Go down
JOKER

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:07 am

ill find it thanks
Back to top Go down
counntryboy 78

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:10 am

There is a website for powerline.ITs not all that good of a site but its is powerlinepark.com or you can look it up on youtube under powerline park there are lots of videos.I ride with impact like he said its a blast down there the trails are nice and there are 2 trails a beginers (great for the girlfriend)or the hard for the more hard core rider.
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:21 pm

that looks sweet.. sucks that its only open on them holidays.. its probly swamped with a lot of ppl
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:26 pm

counntryboy 78 wrote:
There is a website for powerline.ITs not all that good of a site but its is powerlinepark.com or you can look it up on youtube under powerline park there are lots of videos.I ride with impact like he said its a blast down there the trails are nice and there are 2 trails a beginers (great for the girlfriend)or the hard for the more hard core rider.

power line park looks like yankee lake Very Happy
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 2:13 am

yea it does, but after hitting up yankee lake, ive already done what my truck is easily capable of, so time to see how the quad manages =]
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 5:52 pm

looks like a trip on a saturday to atv jambore at yankee lake when they have it then lol
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:22 pm

yes, its 2 times a year, but thank god they are on saturdays
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:23 pm

yea i know.. but really not many ppl are out there.. most of them just like to watch
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:24 pm

oh ive never been to one of the atv ones. they need to get their site updated for 2010 too. oh, look up that winDig, too. the 2010 quadfest
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:26 pm

yea they should have it updated really soon.. i think they open mid way next month.. okay ill open a new windwo and check it out
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:28 pm

Ok cause i may take a few random fridays off to go down and watch then party it up =]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mines and Medows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines and Medows   Mines and Medows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mines and Medows
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next