ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATVFreeRiders

A place to talk about ATV's and all Off-road Vehicles

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders.com!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What do you take on a ride?

Go down 
+4
Admin
grut
outlaw_rider89
G4mbl3
8 posters
AuthorMessage
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

What do you take on a ride? Empty
PostSubject: What do you take on a ride?   What do you take on a ride? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:01 pm

On racks, in rack bags, in sportsman front storage etc; What do you take with you when you go on a wheeler ride? I just picked up a rear rack bag for cheap from dicks sporting goods - haven't used it yet, but in my front storage i usually always take a pull rope ( dont have a winch yet) and a first aid kit. Then I keep my tool kit that came with my quad in there. On trips I will be taking other items, but thats what I carry in my storage now. I also bring my walkie talkie, cell phone, wallet, flashlight, and knife.
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: What do you take on a ride?   What do you take on a ride? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:34 pm

dang man, lol for just a day ride i take my quad and tow rope and something to eat and drink and im set..
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: What do you take on a ride?   What do you take on a ride? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:15 am

Everything stated above plus,don't forget jumper cables, especially if a quad doesn't have b/u pull start(like my wife's 400ex). Usually some tools besides the oem(ex. socket for wheels with extension), spare plug, zip ties, duct tape, bike pump or co2 inflator- unless you put slime in the tires.
I take these becasue I would rather get a problem corrected asap so I can continue to ride. Make sure you go over the machine before you ride that is usually were you will find problems starting like loose bolts.
Oh, take at least one friend! Always good to have someone there who can help you or vise versa if someone would happen to get hurt.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What do you take on a ride?   What do you take on a ride? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:25 am

Some food and drink, tow cables, some tools, slime, and a cigarette lighter powered air compressor (Perfect to use since the Can Am has an outlet for it). Mostly everything else is held in the trailer
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
joeharley

joeharley

PostSubject: Re: What do you take on a ride?   What do you take on a ride? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:04 am

We have a winch,chian comalong,tow straps,axe,shovel,saw,assortment of tools,mini air compresser,tire repare kit,extra gas and oil,spark plugs,spare belt,first aid kit,flash light,cell phone,camera,beer,food,water,and more stuff then anyone really needs but it will be nice to have it when I do.

Hey guys don't use that tire (slime) brand. It is really corrosive,and will eat your wheels. Especially aluminum wheels. And anyone who has had to rely on it knows it doesn't work that good. We have been usung this HIGHLIFTER TIRE SEALENT it will seal a 1/2 hole in the tread and a 1/4 hole in the side wall. I have personaly seen how good this stuff works and it will not hurt your wheels. Plus it is good foreever ,the slim is only good for a couple years tops.
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: What do you take on a ride?   What do you take on a ride? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:13 am

Didn't know that about the slime w/ aluminum wheels. I got friends that swear by it and it was 3-4 years old and still plugged a tire. I put it in my JD rider and 400ex (never could get them to stop leaking with resealing beads and new valve stems) it has worked great. Will check into the highlifter stuff though. Thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: What do you take on a ride?   What do you take on a ride? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:32 am

it just all depends on what ur style is and how much room u have on your quad to take stuff out on the trail with u.
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: What do you take on a ride?   What do you take on a ride? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:38 am

You are correct. That is why I give my buddy with a utility quad some stuff for his box.
Back to top Go down
drywallgod

PostSubject: Re: What do you take on a ride?   What do you take on a ride? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:52 am

i have a rear seat/utility box,i carry a 12volt compressor clevis's and a 15 foot strap.a small mirror that wraps on your hand to keep track of your wing man.on holiday weekends a bunch of us go to a buddies camp and ride in about a 8-9 quad pack.the rule is dont loose your wing man.many of us have faster quads and we all ride double,but at 3 in the morning in pitch black woods you have to keep track of each other.when i ride alone i bring water when in groups we strap on a case or 2 of the good stuff.also warmer clothes as it gets cold at night in the southern teir
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: What do you take on a ride?   What do you take on a ride? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:21 pm

Good stuff, I didn't even think about the air compressor / pump. Also forgot that I take my retired military shovel and a hatchet as well. never know when someone needs dug out, or small saplings removed.

And for vehicle tires, most shops refuse to work on tires if the slime has been used. I put some in my stunt bikes tires when I was younger, and hit a raised cement slab hidden in tall grass, popped a hole in the tire. Slime just oozed everywhere, and if it were not for a hose, I would not have touched it. The green slime was just everywhere - a nightmare. Wont ever buy it again, plugs are my buddy when it comes to holes in the tire to get back.
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

PostSubject: Re: What do you take on a ride?   What do you take on a ride? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:05 pm

Last trip I got to use my new bag, and it was perfect for storing coats when we got hot, and the helmets for when we wanted to set them down for a while, and still had room. Love it, especially since its waterproof. Came in handy, and got pretty muddy =]
Back to top Go down
HONDAfan44
HONDAfan44

PostSubject: Re: What do you take on a ride?   What do you take on a ride? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 4:56 pm

I take myself and a tow rope, and a cell phone.
Back to top Go down
bigred1

PostSubject: Re: What do you take on a ride?   What do you take on a ride? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:16 pm

well i keep gas in the truck. riding wise i just take a buddie incase i get in trouble thats all ya need some weak minds and strong backs lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you take on a ride?   What do you take on a ride? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you take on a ride?
Page 1 of 1