ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATVFreeRiders

A place to talk about ATV's and all Off-road Vehicles

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders.com!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Lock-N-Ride?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:13 pm

anybody actually have any of the polaris lock n ride accessories? I know the new rear racks are designed for that, but I personally have not found anything i like / want / desire rather then a real rear rack that can hold more then 70 lbs.
Back to top Go down
joeharley

joeharley

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:17 am

I have the lock n ride low windsheild on my 800. I like it. It keeps the mud of the consol,and you can duck behind it when going thru the brush. As for most of the other lock n ride stuff, it is way over priced in my opinion. If you look on Mudinmyblood and Highlifter forums you will find allot of home made stuff,that can be made cheep and easy. On the PRC forum there are couple threads on home made lock n ride plugs. the polaris ones are about $20 a piece. These guys are making them for about $3-$4 s piece with simple hardware store stuff. And they work better. Just go over to wicks and look around at the fasteners and storage box and stuff. You will be surprised at what you can come up with.
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:27 pm

Wow, thanks bud, never thought of that. I believe you saved me a hell of a lot of money. I have a rear rack back that works good, just not really sure what is available with that system, but I do like the idea of the system, just the problem is , like anything pretty much from the dealer, costs too much. thanks though, joe
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:24 pm

i think yours would look sweet with a brush guard
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:30 am

i thought about the brush guard, but there are 3 different ones. there was a gloss black that was ok, but they now dont sell it. the other 2 are like 150, i like the upgraded one of the gloss black, then the other one just flat out look stupid. I would get the thick dull black, but I heard in a slight impact, it really does not do any help like other quads brushguards do...

still looking for new mods...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:32 am

Throw on some wheel spacers, you can find them cheap, and it really helps the machine from getting that top heavy feeling
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:39 am

awesome, ill have to look those up. I tried searching 400 ho mods, but nothing so I looked up Hawkeye Mods and found they are drillin their carb slide, and removing clutch rollers, but nothing I want to get into. Id love to first make it look bad ass, as right now it does fine on trails. maybe increase the bottom end torqu to pull some wheelies, and a little top end for keeping up with buddies with bigger machines.
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:58 am

add some hand guards
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:04 am

im not too keen on hand guards, those are more for sport quads. im going to throw my strobe kit on my quad, just wish i had some to throw in my headlights, c/ the sealed bulb strobes i have are too big for that.
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:05 am

also u could put different rims on it like the SS ones with black and chrome and some digger tires.. but watch out with the tires with the bigger size you go the heavier the tire is and it will throw off your gearing making more work on your machine
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:07 am

If I can get rid of my extra rims for my car and those dunlop quad tires, ill pick up some rims, then later get some 25's
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:08 am

a snorkle kit would be badass on there nick.lol you could take it anywhere then.. not to sure if they have the kit out for the 400HO sportsmen yet. but im sure you could make the old redneck home made one Laughing
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:11 am

No kit made yet. I saw on a hawkeye someone cut a hole in the top of the airlid, and not sure how he routed it but its possible. Wishing I could Make one that come on and off easy, dont wanna ride trails and not be hittin water and have the snorkel on
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:17 am

use rubler botos and pvc that way u can use it when needed and take it off when u dont need it..
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:18 am

ill see about it. when it gets nice out you will see what i plan on doing to it. nothing big, but noticeable =]
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:23 am

nice..lol yous would look sweet with the strobes in the head lights
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:26 am

There was a video someone took of their hawkeye with strobes in the lights, and it does look bad ass., I cant wait to see your leds. still waiting to order mine till i see yours
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:37 am

ill bring em to work tonight and show u what it all looks like.. super brite thats all i gotta say
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:54 pm

anybody think about making like a lock n ride set of offroad lights? something to hook up for night riding? I am trying to figure out how to make a good bracket, let alone one to alow swivel when wnted for spotting areas desired, but also hold steady while riding. any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:45 pm

Our outlander has a big swivel spot light on the rack

Outlaw post some pics of your quad, my leds failed horribly on my outlaw and I got the brighter pod ones ima hook up in spring
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:13 pm

ill take some pics of it tomorrow morning in the day light... oh that has to suck where did you buy your leds from?
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:25 pm

looks like you have to throw the led on it first, eh? Mind saying where you got the spotlight? and any pics? thx.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:17 am

Sure ill get some pictures of the spot light tonight when I get home, I believe I got it on ebay, or one of the flea markets down in Leaper
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:11 am

yea.. cant see the leds during the day tho.. but i now just have to figure out how to up load em on here. guess ill have to use photo bucket or some crap like that
Back to top Go down
G4mbl3

G4mbl3

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:54 pm

I saw my Tractor Supply has a 30 watt rack mount spotlight for atvs for $30, which is just a little too much to pay for only 30 watts, so I am hoping to find the mount, then I can throw my own light on with 300 lumen spread or focus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lock-N-Ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock-N-Ride?   Lock-N-Ride? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lock-N-Ride?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next