ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders!

If you are new please register.

If you already are joined, please log in.

All new registered users will be entered in to win a Warn 1500LB Winch!
ATVFreeRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATVFreeRiders

A place to talk about ATV's and all Off-road Vehicles

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ATVFreeRiders.com!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What's your ride?

Go down 
+14
jra146psu
HONDAfan44
dh921
JSTi07
grut
Joe
outlaw_rider89
G4mbl3
tool0420
TimberRider
neparhino
bigred1
joeharley
Admin
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
JSTi07
JSTi07

What's your ride? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:27 pm

grut wrote:
could have been the stunt man stand in!

haha, that was me. After awhile of just playing around in fields and stuff it gets boring. So I turn to perfecting the wheelie pirat
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:37 pm

I hear ya there boring as hell on one piece of land. You working on the stoppies yet?
Back to top Go down
JSTi07
JSTi07

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:39 pm

yes I have, replaced the handle bars once and bent them back a few times also.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:51 pm

I never get long enough stretched to perfect my wheelie Sad
Back to top Go down
http://atvfreeriders.com
jra146psu

jra146psu

PostSubject: 04 kfx 400   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:10 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mostly stock with full skid plates, swingarm plate, shock link plate, a arm plates, rear rack, rear hitch, 13T front sprocket, K&N air filter, winter tire setup (ITP steel wheels, with Kenda Rampage tires). Looking to add front bumper, nerf bars and possibly exhaust and rejet in the summer. If anybody has any used parts for a good price, let me know.
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:13 am

Nice Quad.
Wow Kenda tires. Those tires look like blackwaters, which my father-in-law loved on his ride. They ought to keep you going forward.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:56 am

Those are some exactly like MudShark tires. Had them on my 400ex, best tire ever. How do they run in the snow? Debating if I want to get those or some Holeshots right now
Back to top Go down
jra146psu

jra146psu

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:27 pm

The Rampages are from what I hear are the old Blackwater design. The Duro Excavators and Mudsharks are the closest I've seen even remotely similar. They are unreal in the snow and mud... from a dead stop, they sit there and dig until they get traction on the ground / mud or will bottom you out onto the frame / swingarm. I ran them a little on the packed dirt road and are extremely squirrely. I got the 22" for more ground clearance. Definitely not a dirt / summer tire! I have stock dunlops on there now and once they are worn / punctured, prob getting Holeshot XCR, X Rex or Razrs. I wouldn't suggest these Rampages for anything but snow / mud. I can see them tearing up trails quickly if ridden on soft ground.

Forgot to include that little gas tank saddlebag that holds my .380 on one side and 5th of vodka on the other Smile
Back to top Go down
JSTi07
JSTi07

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:44 pm

jra146psu- Nice quads there Smile
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 9:59 pm

nice bikes.. like the tire set up.. i have a set of Interco Swamp-Lite tires for my 300ex and a set of GBC Gator both are really nice tires in wet mud.. check out mudthrowers.com for some nice tires and rims
Back to top Go down
outlaw_rider89

outlaw_rider89

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:01 pm

hey what do u all think is a good all around trail tire? i want to get some new tires for my outlaw not sure what to go with..
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:31 pm

An awesome all around tire perfect for sport quads are the holeshots and RZRs.. 4 ply will hold up to most things in the trails, but if you want you can upgrade to 6 ply but there much heavier
Back to top Go down
JSTi07
JSTi07

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:46 pm

I have always liked the look of the maxxis irazr. They look nice for an all around tire.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:57 pm

We have holeshots on one of the z400's, an RZRs on the blaster, I personally think the Holeshots are the better tire. They seem a little more beefy, and the rubber seems a bit softer
Back to top Go down
JOKER

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:04 am

i got a couple things

1987 lt250r i had a freind of mine rebuild the motor i bought some aftermarket plastics off a dude on craigslist, powder coated the frame, and nerf bars a candy apple blue re did all bushings and barring with parts from pivot works, new o ring chain and new front and back sprokets from final drive and put a +4 durablue chrome axel in the back with a +4 lonestar chrome swingarm and lonestar +4 a arms top and bottom up front and on top of engine rebuild have carbon reeds and over sized carb with k&n air filter, fmf full exaust and a dg bumper then kinda went out of the lines and put l.e.d lizard lights under the plastics with 5 differant color settings, custom made diamond plate skid plate and custom Insane Clown Posse sticker kit and thats my baby quadzilla. i have pics if u email me i can try sending them.

1989 lt500r she is still 100% original my uncle bought her brand new and was too scared to ride her so was kept in his finished basement and whiped down every day and started and ya he started it in the house because he is a moron but my dad rode it 2 times so its not even broke in.

well im tired so im gonna go to sleep ill talk to some of u guys and girls in a day or so but i also have
1986 lt 230s
1988 lt 230s
1989 kx80
1991 rm125
1982 kx80
1936 ajs500
1975 dt100
1982 yz100
1981 yz250
2 1968 5hp mini bikes
2004 mini 50cc chopper
dunebuggy with liquidcooled kz 750 motor on it

I consider my self a collector i try to learn everything i can about these machines they are my life im 19yrs old i love to ride talk about them and fix them so nice to meet u all hit me up if u got any questions or if u wanna see them or come ridin one day. and no im not a rich boy nothing was handed to me i just work real hard and put all my money into dirtbikes and quads instead of cigs and booze later
Back to top Go down
JOKER

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:07 am

to the dude with the cool yellow quad i like the mudsharks or the custom cityboys tires but u cant go on any rodes with them.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:19 am

Hey if you can't post you pictures then send them to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I would love to see those machines man specially you baby zilla.. send some pics!!!!
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:17 am

as for tires stay with 6-ply who wants to ruin a day from a tire. riding style has alot to do with the tire of choice. Check around with other outlaw owners to see what is working for them because the IRS throws another variable in tire selection.
Maxxas I-Razr radials are super, but some may not like the slidability, good tread that stays cleaned out and hooks hard in straightline.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:00 am

If you get new rims, get one inch bigger in the rear. The stock ones rub against the caliper and a arm when you jump or go over rough terrain. I plan to go up a size as well this summer
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:41 am

is that the stock set on the rear? what size are they?
rubbing?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:56 am

off the top of my head i believe 21x11-9
Back to top Go down
Impact

Impact

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:32 am

I have a 2006 KFX700 at the moment.
It has Hyper beadlocks, HMF pipes, Elka suspension, as well as nerfs bumpers and some tranny mods. Its pretty much built to deal with Western Pa riding.

I have also had various 4x4's, banshee's, dirt bikes and a Warrior over the years. But the Kawie my only toy at the moment

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
grut

grut

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:34 am

WOW affraid That is some great design work on a factory bike!

Very nice setup Lawson
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:11 pm

Awesine Bike! Do you feel the KFX700 has a slow acceleration compared to lets say a 400? Such as the z400. We were thinking about the machine, but the acceleration turns us away. Its awesome though, a big bore auto sport quad Very Happy Must be fun in the woods
Back to top Go down
Impact

Impact

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:35 pm

Thanks guys. I bought it new and i have been upgrading a little here and a little there as i could afford it.

I can lay a beating on most bikes out of the hole. I completely infuriated my friend because his yfz450 could never take me on the bottom.
Unfortunately for me that's the only place i can keep up to him. by the time he gets into 3rd gear he has me owned.

It will accelerate faster than most 450's it just falls flat in the top. The biggist acceleration problem i have is balancing tire spin and nose lift. There is no clutching it out like on the manual bikes.

It dosn't have as much speed as some machines but it has more brute power than anything short of the old Quadzilla.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your ride?   What's your ride? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your ride?
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next